Chico State Expo 125
Download the Schedule Here!
How much fun can you have at Chico State? Help us celebrate our 125th Anniversary at the Chico State Expo 125 Saturday, April 14th from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Chico State was founded in 1887. We have been proud to serve Chico and North State for 125 years. Please join us for this very special Community Open House on April 14.
Activities for all ages, and best of all, it’s all free! Going to college was never this much fun!
- Games and activities for young kids
- Museum and art gallery entrances
- Student tours of campus
- Performances by Brass Choir and Off-Broadways
- “No Quiz” lectures by favorite professors
- Wildcat intercollegiate softball and track & field
- Much, much more!
Chico State Expo 125 is an occasion for everyone in the Chico community and the North State to visit the Chico State campus and meet our students, faculty and staff.
We’ll offer a variety of tours every hour and lots of performances, activities and displays to showcase our outstanding programs and student accomplishments. See a partial list below and download the full schedule here!
Tours will start and refreshments will be available at the Colusa Hall Welcome Center on the day of the event. Come Join Us! View a campus map.
Watch our New Expo 125 TV Ad!
(Download the schedule here!)
- Popular Arboretum Tour by botanist Wes Dempsey
- Chico State History Tour
- Campus Tour by Summer Orientation and Admissions Office students
- Warrens Reception Center (formerly the President’s Mansion) built by famed architect Julia Morgan
- Wildcat Recreation Center
- Campus Sustainability Tour
- Cross Cultural Leadership Center
- Associated Students Government Offices and Programs
- Chico State Alumni Association: Alumni Glen Renovation project
Museums and Galleries
- Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology
- Gateway Science Museum -- Free admission with an Expo button! Pick up the button at the Expo Welcome Center at Colusa Hall
- Vertebrate Museum
- Janet Turner Print Museum
- Bidwell Mansion -- Free admission for tours with an Expo button! Pick up the button at the Expo Welcome Center at Colusa Hall
- Behind the Scenes at the Costume and Scene Shops
- Laxson Auditorium Tour and Fun Facts!
Potential Academic Showcases
- College of Business: Best of Business Lectures
- Communication and Education: Lights! Camera! Action! Take part in a demo of how live video productions are made.
- Engineering, Computer Science and Construction Management: Live video feed of the Patrick Ranch Blitz Build; Concrete Canoe and Bridge exhibits
- Humanities and Fine Arts: Tours of the Recording Arts Studio and Glass Blowing exhibition; performances by The Off-Broadways
- Regional and Continuing Education: Classes Without Quizzes (OLLI) and American Language Institute
- College of Natural Sciences: Chemistry Show, Smoothies from a Bike-powered Blender, Free Blood Pressure Checks, Hands-on Science Labs
Speakers and Presentations
- Remarks by President Paul J. Zingg
- Emeritus Faculty Panel Discussion
Celebration and Fun Stuff
- The first 500 kids receive a free Chico State pennant*
- Photos with Willie the Wildcat
- Souvenir Photo Booth
- Live music in Trinity Commons
- Kids’ games and activities
- Contribute to the commemorative 125th Anniversary timecapsule
- Student Club Booths
- Learn about the My Service Counts program and log your hours!
- Wildcat Softball vs. CSU, San Bernardino
- Twilight Invitational Track Meet
*Limited to the first 500 students
PARKING INFORMATION & DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS
We do not require a parking permit for this day, so you are welcome to park in any of our campus parking lots. To view parking information please click here. Alternate parking includes street and/or metered parking around the perimeter of campus and in the downtown area. All parking is free on Saturday. Accommodations will be provided upon request for people with disabilities, provided the request is made at least seven days prior to the event. Contact us at 530-898-3402.