"Good advising may be the single most underestimated characteristic of a successful college experience."
As an undergraduate student on academic probation, you may be subject to academic disqualification based on your GPA and class level. If disqualified, you will not be allowed to attend the University for at least one year. You are not eligible to take courses at CSU, Chico through regular enrollment while academically disqualified.
Disqualification GPA Ranges
Below are the minimum GPA requirements by class level to avoid entering disqualification range:
- Freshman (0-29 Units) - 1.50
- Sophomore (30-59 Units) - 1.70
- Junior (60 - 89 Units) - 1.85
- Senior (90+ Units) - 1.95
- Sign-up through your portal to attend a Disqualified - What's Next? workshop.
- Review our Reinstatement to the University page for important deadlines and information.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss your individual situation.
Open University at CSU, Chico
The only way to improve your Chico GPA while disqualified is by taking courses through Open University. As a disqualified student you must get the courses you plan to take through Open University approved by an advisor in Academic Advising Programs. In order to avoid long lines in the first weeks of school, we recommend you come in for initial approval prior to the first week of the semester.