"Good advising may be the single most underestimated characteristic of a successful college experience."
Advising Info for Faculty & Staff
One-on-One or Departmental Advising Training
Is there an aspect of advising in which you'd like individualized training or consultation? Trainings and workshops are available through the Academic Advising Office. If interested, contact Dami Hammer, Academic Advising Faculty Coordinator, 898-3569.
Student Services “Cliff Notes”
Are you unsure what each department does or where to refer a student? Check out the Student Services “Cliff Notes”. This includes very useful faculty information from Academic Advising (AAP), Evaluations, Student Learning Center, Counseling and Wellness, and much more. Whether it’s information for you as faculty advisors, or to further assist your students with valuable campus resources, this sheet has it all!
Do you feel that your students could benefit from learning more about the "General Education Requirements," "How to Read the DPR," or "How to Explore Majors?" Our professional advising staff is available for classroom presentations. We are pleased to offer workshop sessions that meet your scheduling needs. View a full list of our Advising Workshops for more examples of the information we can share with your students. If interested, contact Dami Hammer, Academic Advising Faculty Coordinator, 898-3569.
Academic Status Committee Petition Review
Professional Academic Advising Staff Available by College
As a faculty advisor you may have questions regarding general advising or how coursework within your college may double count. Feel free to contact the liaison for your college.
|Kaitlyn Baumgartner Lee
|ACADEMIC ADVISORS||COLLEGE LIAISON ASSIGNMENTS|
|College of Behavioral and Social Sciences|
|College of Agriculture, College of Humanities and Fine Arts|
|College of Natural Sciences|
|Academic Advising Faculty Coordinator|
|College of Business|
|College of Communication & Education|
|College of Engineering, Computer Science & Construction Management|
Advising Skill Development Articles
- Building Relationships: Approaches to Enhancing Retention and Advising
- Skills, Knowledge and Attitudes Required for Good Academic Advising
- 30 Reminders for Effective Advising
- Working with Students on Academic Probation (AP)
Outstanding Academic Advisor
Each year the Faculty Recognition and Support Committee at CSU, Chico selects an Outstanding Academic Advisor based on peer faculty nominations. Please note: Outstanding Academic Advisor was not included in the 2015-2016 Academic Year awards.
- 2016-2017 Outstanding Advisor: Celina Phillips, College of Agriculture
- 2014-2015 Outstanding Advisor: Kate Transchel, History Department
- 2013-2014 Outstanding Advisor: Zanja Yudell, Philosophy Department, Honors Program
- 2012-2013 Outstanding Advisor: Peggy Rowberg, School of Nursing
Campus Advising Resources
- Academic Department Manual
- Degree Progress Report (DPR) Process Guides
- FERPA Information
- Hobson's AgileGrad Log-In: Advisor use only