- Activate your Chico State Portal account. You will need your Chico State ID #, which is located within the application acknowledgement email sent to you from the Office of Admissions. Check the Student Center (within your portal) regularly to view your to-do list, track your admission status, and access important dates and deadlines.
- If you did not pay your $55 application fee when you applied or were not approved for an application fee waiver, go to the Application Fee Payment page to submit your payment by January 6, 2014. Your application will not be processed until the fee is paid. If your payment is not received by the fee payment deadline, your application will be canceled.
- Send your SAT Reasoning or ACT test scores by July 15, 2014. We do not accept scores from tests taken after December for admission eligibility purposes. We will accept a copy of your score report from College Board, ACT or your high school transcript as official. You can fax, email or mail a copy of your results to our office. If faxing to our office at 530-898-6456, please include your full name and Chico State ID #.
- Notify us of any changes to your application including class schedule changes, failing grades (D or F) in academic courses, addresses, email or phone numbers, and changes to your major. Submit the Applicant Change Form or call us at 800-542-4426 or 530-898-6321.
- Register to take the EPT and/or ELM, preferably by March. All incoming freshmen (including out-of-state) are required to take these placement tests, unless they are exempt. We strongly encourage you test early so you can determine if you need to participate in the Early Start Program.
- Send any EAP, AP, IB, or SAT Subject results to meet EPT/ELM exemptions or subject requirements. More information about the EAP program and how scores may exempt or prepare you for college-level courses can be found on the EPT/ELM page.
- Check your Wildcat e-mail regularly! Email is the primary form of communication for the Office of Admissions.
- Please do not send high school transcripts unless requested specifically by our office or using for test scores.
- View our What's Next Flyer for important dates and deadlines to consider if you are offered admission to CSU, Chico.
If you feel there is new, serious, and compelling information that might affect our decision, you may submit an appeal. You have 15 business days from the date you receive your deny letter in the mail to submit a hard copy letter of appeal to the Appeal Committee. The committee must see a demonstrated need to repeal the denial decision based on the new information being submitted. To submit an appeal, download the Appeal Coversheet and complete as directed. You are entitled to one appeal per academic term.
Thank you for your application!
Please check your portal account for the most up-to-date information and your application status.
- Send your SAT and/or ACT scores by July 15th.
- Take the EPT/ELM early, (preferably by March,) unless exempt. Click here to register.
Please note we do not accept summer work after graduation to meet admission requirements.