- Activate your Chico State portal account by following the steps under “Activate your account.” You will need your student ID number and your birth date to begin this process. You should receive your student ID number from the application acknowledgement e-mail sent to you from the Office of Admissions shortly after you applied. Once you activate your portal account, you should frequently view the Student Center to check your to-do list, track your admission status, and access important dates and deadlines.
- If you have already applied and did not pay your application fee of $55 or were not approved for an application fee waiver, please visit https://ems.csuchico.edu/admissions/appfeepayment/ to submit your fee either by e-check or credit card. Your application will not be processed until the fee is paid. After January 4, 2013 (fee payment deadline for the fall 2013 semester), your application will be canceled. Please submit payment as soon as possible so a decision can be made on your application.
- Send your official transcripts from all schools attended by the deadline below or your application may be withdrawn.
- Spring Applicants: send all official transcripts by October 22, 2012. AA-T/AS-T/SB 1440 degree verifications must be sent by October 29, 2012.
- Fall Applicants: send all official transcripts by February 15, 2013. AA-T/AS-T/SB 1440 degree verifications must be sent by March 22, 2013.
- Transcripts and verifications should be mailed to Office of Admissions, CSU, Chico, 400 W. First Street, Chico, CA 95929-0722.
- Fall applicants should apply for scholarships by December 15, 2012.
- Notify us of any changes to your application, including courses planned or in progress, mailing address, e-mail address, and/or phone number, and changes to major. E-mail changes to email@example.com or call 800-542-4426.
- Send any AP, CLEP or IB transcripts that show you earned college credit. CSU, Chico will not accept scores or credit printed on another college transcript; we must have a copy of the original transcript.
- Review our Been Admitted? section for important next steps after you've received your confirmation of your acceptance.
- Send us your Confirmation of Final Grade form (pdf) if your general education math, English, oral communication, and/or critical thinking courses were in progress at the time of application. You must provide verification of your final grade in these courses before you will be allowed to register for classes at Chico.
- Check your e-mail regularly for additional information or requests. E-mail is the primary form of communication for the Office of Admissions.
If you were denied admission, consideration for a denial appeal is based on new, serious, and compelling information. You have 15 business days from the date you receive your deny letter in the mail to submit a hard copy letter of appeal to the Appeal Committee. The committee must see a demonstrated need to repeal the denial decision based on the new information being submitted. To submit an appeal, download the Appeal Coversheet and complete as directed.
Thank you for your application.
Fall 2013 Applicants
Please be patient as we process a record number of applications.
Keep in mind that as an impacted campus for upper-division transfer students you may be held to a higher GPA requirement. Check your Student Center within your portal account often for up-to-date information and your admission status.
Please note: Any changes to your reported in progress and planned coursework may affect your admission status, so contact our office with updates.