- If you have not done so already, activate your Chico State Portal account by following the steps under “Activate your account.” You will need your ID# and your birth date to begin this process. Once you activate your portal account, you should frequently view the Student Center to check your to-do list, track your admission status, and access important dates and deadlines.
- Submit your intent to enroll decision by May 1, 2013 through the admissions area found on the Student Center in your portal account along with your $200 non-refundable confirmation deposit (or proof of exemption). Please check your Offer of Admission packet for important deadlines and instructions.
- Sign up to take the EPT and/or ELM. We strongly recommend that you take the EPT and/or ELM by March. If this is not possible, it is highly encouraged that students take the test(s) no later than the May 4, 2013 system-wide test date. Testing any later will potentially delay registration for fall courses at Summer Orientation and beyond. All incoming freshmen (including out-of-state) are required to take these placement tests, unless you are exempt.
- Determine if you need to participate in the Early Start Program after taking the EPT/ELM. You are required to start the process of remediation no later than August 1, 2013. This is not an admission requirement, but is a requirement to enroll in courses. Continue to check the Early Start Program site for more information and deadlines as they develop.
- Once you graduate, send a final official high school transcript by July 15, 2013 to: Office of Admissions, CSU, Chico, W. First Street, Chico, CA 95929-0722. If your school closes for the summer be sure to request your transcript accordingly. *Please note we do not accept summer work after graduation to meet admissions requirements.
- If you completed any college-level coursework prior to high school graduation, send a final official transcript from the school(s) you attended. These transcripts should also be sent by July 15, 2013. Your college transcript may be required for admission purposes and may exempt you from tests or requirements and/or award you college credit at CSU, Chico.
- If you have not done so already, send any and all test scores (SAT, ACT, EPT, ELM, AP, EAP, SAT Subject, IB, etc.) by July 15, 2013.
- Notify us of any changes to your application including class schedule changes, failing grades (D or F) in academic courses, addresses, e-mail or phone numbers, and changes to your major. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-542-4426 or 530-898-6321.
- Continue to check your Student Center and e-mail regularly for additional information or important requests. E-mail is the primary form of communication for the Office of Admissions.
- Next steps? What's Next Flyer, Housing, Summer Orientation, Financial Aid, Paying Fees.
- If you no longer wish to attend CSU, Chico please contact our office so that we can cancel your application.
If you were denied admission, consideration for a denial appeal is based on new, serious, and compelling information. You have 15 business days from the date you receive your deny letter in the mail to submit a hard copy letter of appeal to the Appeal Committee. The committee must see a demonstrated need to repeal the denial decision based on the new information being submitted. To submit an appeal, download the Appeal Coversheet and complete as directed.
Congratulations! You have been conditionally admitted to CSU, Chico. Carefully read through the entire packet and be sure to complete all of the necessary admission requirements and meet all upcoming deadlines. Your admission may be rescinded for failure to do so.
- Submit your Intent to Enroll decision and Confirmation Deposit by May 1st.
- Take the EPT/ELM as soon as possible, if you are not exempt. Testing any later than May 4th will potentially delay registration for fall courses at Summer Orientation.
- Start your remediation needs if you are required to based on the Early Start Program requirements.
- Send all final official transcripts and all test scores by July 15, 2013.
Mail transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
400 W. First Street
Chico, CA 95929-0722