California State University, Chico
April 11, 2015
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
AN INVITATION TO CHOOSE CHICO!
This premier open house offers admitted students and their families an opportunity to experience why we think CSU, Chico is the place for you! The day includes sessions and activities that range from a President's Welcome to information about housing, financial aid, campus tours, and an academic showcase.
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m.
- President’s Welcome (in Laxson Auditorium): 1st address begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Meet with academic department representatives
- Participate in campus tours
- Tour the residence halls and receive housing information
- Meet with student support representatives, including Student Activities, Advising, Career Placement, Financial Aid & Scholarship, Housing, Honors, and Admissions
- Visit our Student Involvement Fair
- You can access a general overview of presentations and events here, but please check back in late-March for a complete event brochure. (This is a tentative schedule and is subject to change).
- For Spanish speakers: Para más información en español, haz clic aquí.
Please register online by April 6 at https://ems.csuchico.edu/Admissions/choosechico. In order to register, you will need to have your portal account login information. If you have not authenticated your portal account, you will need to begin the process at the IT Support Services website and have your Chico State ID number ready. Your ID number can be found in your offer of admission packet or by contacting the Office of Admissions directly.
WHERE TO GO
Please refer to the campus map (pdf) for the following locations.
- Check-in for the day will begin at 8:00 a.m. at the Bell Memorial Union (BMU) north and south entrances (D6 on campus map).
- The President's Welcome will be held in Laxson Auditorium (F6 on campus map).
- The information fair will be held in the BMU atrium from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the academic showcase will be held from 9:00 a.m.to 11:00 a.m., and the student involvement fair will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Student Services Plaza.
PARKING INFORMATION & DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS
We do not require a parking permit for this day, so you are welcome to park in any of our campus parking lots. To view parking information please click here. Alternate parking includes street and/or metered parking around the perimeter of campus and in the downtown area. All parking is free on Saturday. Accommodations will be provided upon request for people with disabilities, provided the request is made at least seven days prior to the event.
View local accommodations.
If you have any questions about this event please email email@example.com or call the Office of Admissions at 530-898-4428 or 1-800-542-4426.