California State University, Chico
April 6, 2013
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
WE INVITE YOU TO CHOOSE CHICO!
Selecting a college is a tough choice. We recognize how hard it is to find the “right” college. Here at Chico State, we want you to be sure. That is why we offer a day of activities that will help you decide if Chico State is the place for you. This premier open house offers admitted students and their families an opportunity to experience firsthand our true “college town” environment. The day includes an array of useful sessions and activities that range from a Presidential Welcome and information about housing and financial aid to trolley and campus tours and an academic showcase. This event is not a substitution for orientation, but it is a highly recommended preview day for students still making their final college choice. We want to show you why we think Chico State is the place for you!
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m., continental breakfast served
- President’s Welcome (in Laxson Auditorium): 1st address begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Meet with academic department representatives
- Participate in campus tours
- Ride the trolley to tour the city
- Tour the residence halls and receive housing information
- Meet with student support representatives, including Student Activities, Advising, Career Placement, Financial Aid & Scholarship, Housing, Honors, and Admissions
- Visit our Student Involvement Fair
- You can access the complete event brochure here.
Choose Chico online registration is now closed, but you are still welcome to attend. On the day of the event, please visit a registration table to sign-up and to get your activity brochure for the day. There is no fee to attend.
WHERE TO GO
Please refer to the campus map (pdf) for the following locations.
- Check-in for the day will begin at 8:00 a.m. at the Bell Memorial Union (BMU) north and south entrances (D6 on campus map).
- The President's Welcome will be held in Laxson Auditorium (F6 on campus map).
- The information fair will be held in the BMU atrium from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the academic showcase will be held from 9:00 a.m.to 11:00 a.m., and the student involvement fair will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Student Services Plaza.
PARKING INFORMATION & DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS
We do not require a parking permit for this day, so you are welcome to park in any of our campus parking lots. To view parking information please click here. Alternate parking includes street and/or metered parking around the perimeter of campus and in the downtown area. All parking is free on Saturday. Accommodations will be provided upon request for people with disabilities, provided the request is made at least seven days prior to the event.
View local accommodations.
If you have any questions about this event please email email@example.com or call the Office of Admissions at 530-898-4428 or 1-800-542-4426.