Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes
The graduate degree will allow individuals to advance their knowledge of teaching and learning while providing personal growth and enhancing their ability to serve others in the agricultural field. Goals and student learning outcomes include the following:
Philosophy: Graduates will apply knowledge of philosophical and historical foundations of agricultural education to develop personal philosophy statements which guide components of agricultural education programs.
- Identify philosophical influences upon agricultural education
- Identify historical foundations to agricultural education.
- Identify components of successful agricultural education programs.
- Design personal philosophical statement.
Curriculum: Graduates will create relevant, challenging and integrative agricultural curriculum. Graduates will recognize and adapt curriculum to meet curricular goals and objectives using a variety of educational theories and models.
- Identify learning theories and models.
- Analyze learners to identify curricular needs.
- Apply agricultural education theory to design appropriate curriculum.
Instruction: Graduates will demonstrate effective teaching characteristics while utilizing a wide variety of teaching and learning strategies. Graduates will use appropriate practices to teach essential agricultural concepts, problem solving, skills of inquiry, communication, and collaboration.
- Identify effective teaching theories and characteristics.
- Identify instruction needs for formal and non-formal educational environments.
- Apply characteristics of effective teaching to lesson facilitation.
Assessment: Graduates will develop, administer, and analyze formal, informal, and performance assessment techniques to monitor and evaluate student learning and guide modification.
- Identify assessment components of learning theories.
- Apply knowledge of effective assessment theories to develop formal, informal, and performance assessments.
- Analyze assessment data.
- Utilize assessment data to modify instruction.
Research: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, and share data related to agriculture as informed consumers and producers of educational research.
- Describe research methodology.
- Apply research methodology to design a research study.
- Demonstrate effective application of research methodology through collecting and analyzing statistical data.
Cultural and Global Awareness: Graduates will apply knowledge of diverse learners to create optimal learning environments.
- Identify characteristics of diverse learners.
- Identify educational needs of diverse learners.
- Apply knowledge of diverse learners to create optimal learning environments.