The Agribusiness Institute is a component of the College of Agriculture at California State University, Chico.
The institute provides agricultural business expertise in the areas of education, marketing, human resource development, management, and finance. Within this mission, there is focus on enhancing learning experiences, involving faculty in professional development activities, and serving the needs of agribusinesses in California and other Western States.
- Providing management and economic information that will assist managers in agribusiness
- Develop educational programs for North State and regional interests
- Advising on financial management, market analysis, value-added agriculture, and e-commerce for agribusiness firms
- Through applied research, develop economic, management, and marketing information
- Support professional relationships between the College of Agriculture faculty and the agricultural community in order to improve opportunities for undergraduate students developing careers in agriculture
- Working with other groups at California State University, Chico, and other institutions to accomplish projects within the scope of the Institute
The Contribution of Agriculture to Northeastern California's Economy
The objective of this annual report is to document the significance of agricultural production, processing, and its related industries to the overall economy of Northeastern California.
2014 Annual Report (Published May 2016)
2013 Annual Report (Published May 2015)
2012 Annual Report (Published May 2014)
Local Food Systems
Through its Local Food Systems program, the ABI is proud to partner with Buy Fresh Buy Local, North Valley to help promote local agricultural businesses. One of the products of this partnership is the North Valley’s Eater’s Guide to Local Food.
Buy Fresh Buy Local, North Valley Eater's Guide (3rd Edition)
College of Agriculture
California State University, Chico
Chico, CA 95929-0310