CSU, Chico

Gertrude Grimm - 1994

Gertrude Grimm - 1994

grimm

Gertrude was born in Suisun Valley in 1900. She married and moved to Chico in 1924. She and her husband, George, farmed in south Chico until 1942, and then bought a ranch in Stilson Canyon where they raised cattle, hogs, sheep, grain and olives. In 1963 they sold the ranch and moved to east Chico. Gertrude is active in the Methodist church, and has served as a long-time volunteer for the Republican Party. She worked for 27 years as a supervisor and instruction for Pacific Bell.