Travel and AP Form Updates & More
The following TRAVEL forms have been updated/replaced/created, please see our website http://www.csuchico.edu/ao/forms/index.shtml for the current versions that should be used:
- UPDATED - Request for Approval of Travel:
- A line has been added to facilitate VP/Provost approval of exceptions to the lodging reimbursement limit
- The “Purpose of Travel” section has been expanded to allow for communicating faculty specific information (how classes will be covered, relation of travel to University mission, etc.)
- Request for Approval of Travel VPAA Supplemental form has been eliminated. Administration in consultation with CAD agreed to use an updated one page version. Therefore the VPAA Supplemental form is no longer required. Related AA guidelines have been updated to reflect these changes and are hosted by AO here: http://www.csuchico.edu/ao/ap/Campus%20Guidelines%20-%20Academic%20Affairs%20Travel.shtml
- REPLACED – Pre-Payment Request
- REPLACED – Pre-Travel Reimbursement Request
- NEW – Pre-Travel Direct Payment or Reimbursement Request
- Created to replace the two forms previously noted
- UPDATED – Hotel/Motel Occupancy Tax Waiver
- Updated to reflect University specific information in an effort to improve acceptance as an official document.
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION – Please note that the Travel information under the Accounts Payable webpage is under review and will be updated over the coming weeks. We ask for your patience with potential broken links and welcome any notification if you happen to notice something not working quite right.
The following ACCOUNTS PAYABLE forms have been replaced/created, please see our website http://www.csuchico.edu/ao/forms/index.shtml for the current versions that should be used:
- REPLACED – Invoice for Reimbursements Over $50
- REPLACED – Invoice for Reimbursements Under $50
- NEW – Invoice for Purchase Order Reimbursement - $50 & Over
- NEW – Invoice for Petty Cash Reimbursement - $50 & Under
Travel Procedure reminders:
- Travel Signature Authority - Please review the Travel Signature Authority page http://www.csuchico.edu/ao/ap/Travel%20Signature%20Authority.shtml for approval requirements for both the Requests for Approval to Travel and Travel Claim forms.
- Reimbursable meal expense - In order to comply with CSU Travel Procedures and Regulations meal expenses reported on Travel Expense Claims must reflect actual expenses (limited to a daily max reimbursement). The traveler’s signature certifies compliance with the CSU Travel policy.
- Blanket travel requests – are generally utilized for class field trips, site supervisors, employees participating in monthly meetings out of the area, employees seeking mileage reimbursements for private vehicle use while taking care of department business within Chico. Blanket requests can be used based on the following criteria: Day trips, recurring in frequency, and similar in nature (including field trips). Overnight stays eliminate the option to use a blanket travel request unless a mutual agreement is reached for an exception (between department and Accounts Payable).
- Running errands as part of job duties, while using a state/fleet vehicle, does not require an Approval for Request of Travel.
Please contact Accounts Payable at x6426 or email@example.com for questions or further information.