“Because You Asked!” Library Lecture Series
OLLI at CSU, Chico is partnering with the Butte County Library in an engaging summer speaker series called “Because You Asked!” The sessions are based on reference questions most frequently asked at the library branches. OLLI members have volunteered to present on gardening, local history and geology, media trends, creative writing, and health and wellness—all topics selected by Butte County residents in a recent survey of frequently asked questions.
The last round of “Because You Asked!” presentations will take place this afternoon from 4 to 5 p.m., in the library meeting rooms in Chico, Durham, Gridley, Oroville, and Paradise. The June and July presentations were a hit so be sure to join the Butte County Library and the OLLI for some summer fun and learning.
August 20 Presentations:
• Chico Branch: “Current Issues with Emphasis on Media” Presented by Robert Main
• Durham Branch: “Health Screening: When to Start?” Presented by Kirk Berger
• Gridley Branch: “Creating a Wildlife Habitat” Presented by Kay Perkins
• Oroville Branch: “California’s Magnificent Geology” Presented by Stewart Monroe
• Paradise Branch: “A Life Behind the Words” Presented by Claire Braz-Valentine