Employee Assistance Program
The employee assistance program (EAP) is designed to provide professional assistance to faculty, staff and their families (dependents and permanent household members) in assessing and resolving personal problems that may be affecting well-being or job performance.
- For CSU, Chico staff, faculty and management—state employees only—and their families.
- Effective January 1, 2014, the campus is contracting with a new vendor—Empathia—for our employee assistance program.
- We will also continue to contract counseling services with Dr. Mike Shuell for the first six months of 2014.
What does Empathia offer?
Empathia offers a wide array of health solutions focused on promoting individual and organizational well-being, providing work/life resources and educational webinars/seminars for employees.
Empathia’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) features:
- 24/7 telephone assessment/counseling
- Access to mylifematters.com
- 3 free in-person counseling sessions with a local counselor
- Work/life resources and referrals
- Financial consultation with a certified financial counselor
- Legal consultation with an attorney
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Access to Spanish-speaking counselors
- And more…
Watch for more information to be distributed to state employees about Empathia during the month of January. As a reminder, Dr. Shuell’s services continue to be available to CSU, Chico employees through June 30, 2014.