Students Now Have Access To Lynda.com
In January, Information Resources began providing staff and faculty access to an online training tool, Lynda.com. Faculty requests to expand access to Lynda.com to students coupled with student requests for software training has prompted Academic Affairs and Information Resources to expand access to include all students at CSU, Chico.
Lynda.com is an industry-leading provider of online training with over 2,500 playlists primarily focused on software tools and skills.
Here are just a few of the benefits to using lynda.com:
- Tutorials cover a wide variety of technologies and disciplines
- Up-to-date content helps keep your skills current
- An average of 24 playlists are added every month
- Access to instructors’ exercise files let you follow along as you watch tutorials
- Closed captioning and searchable, time coded transcripts increase comprehension
- Beginner to advanced tutorials allow you to learn at your level
- Watch complete playlists or individual tutorials as you need them
Lynda.com makes it easy for faculty to embed videos within their courses as supplemental material. Playlists can be created and shared through the Lynda.com portal with incoming freshman to help them become familiar with common software products before they arrive on campus. Students can access the service from anywhere and at any time that is convenient for them.
In short, Lynda.com provides CSU, Chico with a large collection of quality tutorials that can be easily accessed, viewed, and shared from any device, at any time by all students, faculty and staff!
To get started using Lynda.com today go to www.csuchico.edu/lynda/. For more information about this new service users can also visit the Lynda.com wiki page on the ITSS website or call ITSS at 898-HELP.