Medicare Workshop for Boomers
PASSAGES Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) is presenting Welcome to Medicare workshops for those turning 65 this year or younger adults who will be entitled to Medicare due to a disability. As people get closer to Medicare eligibility, there are several things to consider. In light of the fact that Medicare’s coverage is much like employer group coverage it’s important to know what questions to ask:
- How will my retiree plan work with my Medicare?
- Can I delay enrolling into Medicare and not be penalized?
- Do I need a drug plan?
- Are there programs available to lower my Medicare health and prescription costs?
Join us on following dates:
- December 11, 2014 from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM at Lakeside Pavilion, 2565 Lakeside Village, Chico
- December 16, 2014 from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM at Red Bluff Community Center, 1500 South Jackson Street, Red Bluff
Registration is required by calling 898-6716. This free workshop is designed for “Boomers” and others who will be new to Medicare this year who want to understand how their Medicare benefits work. Family members or caregivers are also welcome to attend.
People who are new to Medicare will be deluged with information from different insurance companies marketing their products. Ronda Kramer, program manager for Passages HICAP warns signing up with the wrong plan, or not doing anything may cost new Medicare recipients thousands of dollars, and they may not be able to make changes if enrollment deadlines are missed.
For more information, call HICAP at PASSAGES at 1-800-434-0222. If your group or agency would like a workshop, contact Ronda Kramer at 898-6067. And remember, HICAP does not sell or endorse any insurance products.