Welcome to Medicare workshop, Dec. 20
PASSAGES Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) is presenting a Welcome to Medicare workshop on Thursday, December 20, 2:00 - 4:00 PM at the CARD Senior Center located at Lakeside Pavilion, 2565 Lakeside Village Cmns, in Chico. Registration is required by calling 898-6716. This free workshop is designed for people who are new to Medicare who want to understand how their Medicare benefits work. Family members or caregivers are also welcome to attend.
Important questions that will be answered include:
- What is Medicare?
- Do I really need a Medicare Part D prescription plan?
- What is a Medi-Gap policy?
- Are there programs available to lower my Medicare health and prescription costs?
- What happens if I miss my initial Medicare enrollment period?
- How will Healthcare Reform affect my new Medicare Benefits?
Passages is a project of CSU, Chico Research Foundation.