Summer Resident Advisor Positions Available With Upward Bound
Resident Advisor Job Opportunities Available with Upward Bound Projects For the 2016 Summer.
The Upward Bound Projects, a Federally Funded TRiO program, is a year round program for highly motivated students with academic potential who want to pursue post-secondary education after high school. Participants are required to attend a six-week long summer residential program housed here on campus.
Program tentative dates June 12 through July 22, 2016; some evening and/or weekend classes during the spring 2016 semester & a mandatory training retreat the first week of June 2016 (specific dates TBA); additional mandatory training June 8-10, 2016
Open to ALL majors.
Duties include the following:
- Work cooperatively in planning and implementation of activities together with Head Resident Advisor and all other Resident Advisors;
- Supervise participants to assure their safety and well being;
- Aid in specific classes and tutor in residence hall;
- Monitor and evaluate participants’ academic and social progress;
- Submit written weekly evaluations on participants;
- Maintain discipline and harmonious relations in the residence hall;
- Motivate participants toward higher education;
- Organize social, cultural, and recreational activities;
WAGES: $2,200 stipend, room/board, and internship units.
Please email email@example.com to obtain a complete job description or stop by the office.
The Upward Bound Office is located at:
Student Services Center (SSC) 392
California State University, Chico
400 W. First Street Chico, CA 95929-0712
Further info: http://csucub.csuchico.edu