Upward Bound Summer Resident Advisor Positions Available
The Upward Bound Projects, a Federally Funded TRiO program, is a year round program for highly motivated students with academic potential who want to pursue post-secondary education after high school.
Program dates June 15 through July 23, 2014; some evening and/or weekend classes during the spring 2014 semester & a mandatory training retreat the last week of May 2014 (specific dates TBA); additional mandatory training June 11-14, 2014
Open to ALL majors.
Duties include the following:
- Work cooperatively in planning and implementation of activities together with Head Resident Advisor and all other Resident Advisors;
- Supervise participants to assure their safety and well being;
- Aid in specific classes and tutor in residence hall;
- Monitor and evaluate participants’ academic and social progress;
- Submit written weekly evaluations on participants;
- Maintain discipline and harmonious relations in the residence hall;
- Motivate participants toward higher education;
- Organize social, cultural, and recreational activities;
WAGES: $2,200 stipend, room/board, and internship units.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a complete job description or stop by the office.
Upward Bound is located at:
Student Services Center (SSC) 392
California State University, Chico
400 W. First Street Chico, CA 95929-0712
Further info: http://csucub.csuchico.edu