Need to take a summer school class? Complete it abroad while diversifying your academic experience!
Take courses for your major or general education pathway while Studying Abroad for a summer session with your favorite Chico State Professor! The following locations/courses will be offered by Chico State faculty:
- Puntarenas, Costa Rica - “Resource Conservation in the Tropics” course taught by Dr. David Brown of the Geological and Environmental Sciences Department.
- Florianopolis, Brazil - “Latin American Economic Perspectives” course taught by Professor Jacquelyn Chase of the Geography and Planning Department.
- Chengdu, China – “Population and Migration in China” course taught byDr. Chunyan Song of the Sociology Department.
- Reggio Emilia, Italy - “Intercultural Communication” course taught by Professor Tom Grothe of the Communication Arts and Sciences Department.
- Alicante, Spain - “Gender and Language in a Cross-Cultural Perspective” course taught by Professor Sara Trechter of the English Department.
- Madrid, Spain – “Jews, Christians & Muslims” course taught by Professor Kate McCarthy of Comparative Religion & Humanities Department.
- Bangalore, India - “Gandhi and Non-Violent Protest” course taught by Professor William Campbell of the History Department.
- Torino, Italy – “International Project Management” course taught by Professor Tom Wilder of Business Information Systems Department.
- Galway, Ireland – “World Religions & Global Issues in Ireland” course taught by Professor Sarah Pike of Comparative Religion & Humanities Department.
Your first step is to step to studying abroad is to attend one of our Information Sessions. These meetings are offered twice a week and last about an hour. You MUST attend this meeting prior to meeting with one of our Study Abroad Advisors
The Study Abroad Information sessions for spring 2014 are offered on the following days and times:
Wednesdays from 5-6 PM in Student Services Center, Room 150
Fridays from 2-3 PM in Student Services Center, Room 150
The meeting times are offered every week except for holidays, dead week and finals week.
For more details on each program and the different countries available, you can pick up brochures and catalogs in the study abroad office, SSC 440, or visit our website: http://www.csuchico.edu/studyabroad/index.shtml