Career Center Intern Recruitment Now Open!!
The Chico State Career Center is currently recruiting interns for the 2015/2016 academic year. Career Center interns work approximately 6-10 hours per week at $9.25 hour. Applications are available at the Career Center, SSC 270, and are due on April 13, 2015. Successful Career Center interns will gain:
- An understanding of college students' career development and career search needs.
- An understanding of job search/resume/interview strategies and advising techniques for a variety of fields and diverse populations, and an understanding of career planning tools and assessments.
- An appreciation of the importance of customer service in student services and techniques for providing a student-centered experience for all visitors to the Career Center.
- Exposure to the structure, philosophy and operations of a full-service university career center.
- Knowledge of computerized career guidance and job search programs.
- The ability to steer students towards appropriate resources to meet career development needs.
- Information to gain a better understanding about the intern's own personal career development and clarification regarding a personal career plan.
- Skills to become an exemplary employee while in the internship and after its conclusion.