Volunteer Opportunity: Diversion Excursion is coming!
Diversion Excursion is an AWESOME move out program in the Residence halls that diverts thousands of pounds of waste from the local landfill. The annual Diversion Excursion will be held on Thursday the 14th and Friday the 15th of finals week from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Reasons to participate in DE:
1. To educate residents about the differences between reusable goods and trash.
2. We donate goods back into the community; all the donations are collected and sent to the local Goodwill.
3. Student volunteers get to participate in a good cause.
4. It aligns with our campus value of sustainability
5. All volunteers have the opportunity to keep items that are being donated (This means FREE STUFF)
The program recruits up to 160 volunteers and we need your help! Volunteers will sort through reusable items and provide the needed assistance to divert the approximately 35,000 pounds of materials from the landfill plus have loads of FUN while doing it!
If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org