Gateway Science Museum - Anniversary Celebration!
Special gallery activities:
- Forensic science demonstration with special guest, Dr. Turhon Murad
- Bacteria glow-box with special guest, Dr. Patricia Edelmann
- “The Fungal Effect”, a project by Joseph Huitt, 1st place winner, Plant Biology, Jr. Division, CA State Science Fair 2014
Current exhibits on display:
- “Attack of the Bloodsuckers,” a skin-crawling examination into mosquitoes, leeches, fleas, ticks and other parasites; traveled by the Sciencenter.
- “Modern Farming – Land, Water, People and Science,” an interactive highlight of the region’s agricultural production and practices;
- “Seeds – Nature’s Artful Engineering,” which portrays the diversity and ingenuity of seed dispersal mechanisms of native California plants. Created by Jennifer Jewell and John Whittlesey, and traveled by Exhibit Envoy.
- petting zoo
- bubble machine
- face painting
- “Buttercup” the milk cow
- meet the Dairy Princess
- Mad Scientist photo booth
All activities on the lawn will be FREE. Regular admission will apply for entrance to the museum: adults are $6, children/students (with a valid student ID) are $3 and members and children under three years old enter free.
The museum is located at 625 Esplanade (near Bidwell Mansion) and is open Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.