Calling all survivors of intimate partner violence
Calling all survivors of intimate partner violence. GSEC and Catalyst Domestic Violence Services want to give you a platform to have your voice heard! We are currently seeking survivors of intimate partner violence to share their stories for a traveling art project that will roam throughout Butte County during the month of October. Selected stories will be displayed as part of our Raising Voices for Hope campaign (formerly Silent Witness) promoting Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- All submissions are 100% confidential. If your story is selected for display, all names will remain anonymous.
- Please avoid using details that may be used to identify you or others involved.
- Things you might include: How long were you in the relationship? How many times did you try to leave? How do you view relationships now compared to before? Was there anyone instrumental in helping you find safety?
- Please try to keep each story to a short paragraph.
- All survivors are encouraged to participate, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, or race.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance of the October display.
Interested participants may send their story to Alyssa@catalystdvservices.org or drop it off at the Catalyst Chico business office, located at 330 Wall Street, Suite 50.