Take Back the Night WEEK Update: Debriefing Brunch Moved to CCLC
*The location for Friday’s Debriefing Brunch has been moved to the Cross Cultural Leadership Center.
Take Back the Night WEEK is still going!
Below are the rest of the events that will be taking place this Thursday and Friday:
Thursday, April 23rd
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. Keynote speaker: Sabrina Sadler (BMU Auditorium).
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. Survivor Speak Outs
- Women’s Only (BMU 008 and BMU 312)
- Gender Inclusive (BMU 210)
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. UMatter Consent Workshop (BMU Auditorium)
- 8:00-9:00 p.m. Take Back the Mic Spoken Word (BMU Auditorium)
- 9:00-9:30 p.m. Candle lighting and Silent Candlelit March (SSC plaza & March Downtown)
- The candlelit march through downtown Chico sheds light on the issue of sexual assault in our community and asserts a presence as supporters and survivors.
Friday, April 24th Debriefing Brunch (11:00 a.m. at the Cross Cultural Leadership Center)
This expanded event is an outlet for CSU, Chico students and faculty in addition to community members to get involved and protest against rape and other forms of sexual violence against women. The main event, the silent candlelit march through downtown Chico and the south campus neighborhoods, will occur on Thursday, April 23rd. This candlelit walk allows women to reclaim their right to feel secure and safe after dusk.
For more information, please email email@example.com, stop by our office in BMU 005, or give us a call at (530) 898-5724.