Before traveling on University business, the traveler should accomplish the following:
- Register and attend a Defensive Driver Training workshop.
- Any trip requiring the traveler to drive is prohibited until Defensive Driver Training has been completed. Employees operating vehicles while on official business must have a valid California Driver's License, insurance, and a good driving record. Contact Enviromental Health & Safety (EHS) to enroll in Defensive Driver Training.
- After attending Defensive Driver Training, complete the Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business form. The form will be kept on file in the employees department or college office and updated at the beginning of each academic year.
- Optional - Apply for an American Express Government Card. This is a personal liability card, for business travel use only. This card will ensure airfare, lodging and car rental at negotiated state rates along with other traveler benefits.
- Optional - Enroll in Direct Deposit by completing and submitting a Direct Deposit Authorization Form. Travel reimbursement checks can be deposited directly to the traveler's financial institution.