the path to
– mazi noble
Final Examination Information
Final Examination Week Dates:
Spring 2016: May 16-20
Basic Final Exam Information
- Most courses meet in their normal room at a standard final exam time, based on their regular class meeting.
Some courses meet during a common final time, as determined by the department.
- Check with your instructor to find out if your class is using a common final meeting time.
- Friday (4-5:50 p.m.) is for make-up exams or resolving conflicts in final exam schedules.
Any such rescheduling is at the instructor's discretion.
- For online and TBA final exam schedules, please check with your instructor.
Per Executive Memorandum 98-11 all courses are required to meet for one two-hour period during finals week for instruction or examination.
The Final Exam Schedule has been developed over the years to accommodate most standard class time configurations, providing a 2-hour final exam period as close to the original class schedule day and time. The final exam schedule is created based on the regular class meeting pattern and designed to minimize conflicts during final exam week. When circumstances require it, a faculty member may request a change to the currently scheduled day/time to another standard day/time in the Standard Final Exam Scheduling Convention.
Changing final examination LOCATION ONLY
- The Dept ASC emails APSS@csuchico.edu with the room request, indicating what features are needed in the new room.
- No Chair approval is required.
Changing final examination DAY and/or TIME
- All final exam day and/or time changes must be communicated to all students enrolled.
- If a conflict does arise for any student enrolled due to the exam change the student(s) will be accommodated with an alternative final exam day/time.
- The Dept ASC completes the Approval to Change Final Exam form.
- The Dept ASC then forwards the form to the chair, the chair completes the approval area of the form and sends the completed form to APSS.
Please note: Not all final exam schedule or room change requests can be accommodated.
Final examination information regarding meeting days, times, and locations can be found in the Student and Faculty Centers after Census each semester. The screen shots below indicate what students and faculty will see in their individual Student or Faculty Center. Academic department staff may view final examination information by accessing their secured PeopleSoft account.
Click on "My Class Schedule" in your Student Center and then the "exam schedule"
tab to get to the screen indicated in Figure 1, below.
Click on the "View my exam schedule" link to see your exam schedule, indicated by Figure 2, below.
In "My Schedule" of your Faculty Center, click on the "My Exam Schedule" link
(or scroll down the page) to get to the screen indicated in Figure 3, below.
Exam schedule appears below your regular Teaching Schedule indicated by Figure 4, below.
Academic Department Staff view from PeopleSoft:
In "Maintain Schedule of Classes," click the "Exam" tab indicated by Figure 5, below.