Final Examination Information
Final Examination Week Dates:
Spring 2014: May 12-16, 2014
Basic Final Exam Information
- Most courses meet in their normal room at a standard final exam time, based on their regular class meeting.
Some courses meet during a common final time, as determined by the department.
- Check with your instructor to find out if your class is using a common final meeting time.
- Friday (4-5:50 p.m.) is for make-up exams or resolving conflicts in final exam schedules.
Any such rescheduling is at the instructor's discretion.
- For online and TBA final exam schedules, please check with your instructor.
Per Executive Memorandum 98-11 all courses are required to meet for one two-hour period during finals week for instruction or examination.
Faculty Requests for Final Exam Day, Time, or Location Changes
The Final Exam Schedule and Common Final Exam Schedule have developed over the years to accommodate most standard class time configurations, providing a 2-hour final exam period as close to the original class schedule day and time. When circumstances require it, a faculty member may request a change to the currently scheduled day/time to another day/time in the Standard Final Exam Scheduling Convention.
Changing final examination day, time, or location
All final exam schedule changes must be communicated to the student (s) and meet the following criteria:
- There are no conflicts for any student. If a conflict does arise, specific and convenient accommodations must be made for the student.
- The change must be approved by the department chair.
- The change must be coordinated by the department Administrative Support Coordinator (ASC) in conjunction with Academic Publications and Scheduling Services (APSS).
- The final exam location can be changed, if space is available, keeping the same day and time. This must be cleared through the Academic Scheduling Coordinator and the department ASC.
Contact the Academic Scheduling Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Not all final exam schedule or room change requests can be accommodated.
Final examination information regarding meeting days, times, and locations can be found in the Student and Faculty Centers after Census each semester. The screen shots below indicate what students and faculty will see in their individual Student or Faculty Center. Academic department staff may view final examination information by accessing their secured PeopleSoft account.
Click on "My Class Schedule" in your Student Center and then the "exam schedule"
tab to get to the screen indicated in Figure 1, below.
Click on the "View my exam schedule" link to see your exam schedule, indicated by Figure 2, below.
In "My Schedule" of your Faculty Center, click on the "My Exam Schedule" link
(or scroll down the page) to get to the screen indicated in Figure 3, below.
Exam schedule appears below your regular Teaching Schedule indicated by Figure 4, below.
Academic Department Staff view from PeopleSoft:
In "Maintain Schedule of Classes," click the "Exam" tab indicated by Figure 5, below.