the path to
– mazi noble
The Class Schedule is an online publication that is maintained by Academic Publications and Scheduling Services. The Class Schedule homepage contains a link to the Important Regristation Activities Dates and Deadlines document, also available here.
APSS works with academic departments to:
- Maximize classroom usage
- Ensure that classes meet for the required number of hours
- Ensure that classes are scheduled according to the campus Standard Scheduling Conventions
- Set aside reserved seating within specialized class sections
- class scheduling for past, current, and future (tentative) semesters
- student registration processes and registration dates
- various attributes, requirements and requisites for each class
- important registration activities dates and deadlines quick calendar and document link
Students and/or parents with questions regarding the registration process can get information and other help on the Student Records and Registration Office's Registration Help page, here.
The Class Schedule BuildThe Class Schedule build is a process through which departments enter classes to be offered for the semester as well as assigning rooms and instructors to those classes. This enables students to register for classes using the PeopleSoft system and provides the data for the Web Schedule.
- Academic Schedule Building Overview (Power Point) Overview of the Schedule Build process.
- Schedule Building Timeline (PDF) The official timeline for schedule building for the academic year. Lists all important dates associated with schedule building.
- Fall 2017 Schedule Build Memo (PDF) The official kick-off memo for building the fall 2017 class schedule.
- Spring 2018 Schedule Build Memo (PDF) The official kick-off memo for building the spring 2018 class schedule.
- Standard Scheduling Conventions (PDF) List of times and days that classes can be offered.
- Non-Standard Meeting Patterns (PDF) Information about Non-Standard Meeting Patterns.
- Course Classification Chart (PDF) List of course classifications used to determine required meeting time and WTU.
- Instruction Modes Link to the EM with the list of Instruction modes (Appendix B).
- Final Examination Schedule Link to the Final Exam Schedule information page on the APSS website.
- Class Schedule Report A list of classes with details helpful for schedule building (Insight report).
- Faculty Class List A list of all classes taught by an instructor for the semester (Insight report).
- Class Inventory Report A list of classes with extensive detail (Insight report).
- Course Inventory Report A list of courses with catalog information by catalog effective date (Insight report).
- Schedule Building Audit jobs Schedule audit jobs for depts and colleges to find and correct scheduling errors (CRA reporting).
- Classroom Set-up & Photos Information about each classroom arrangement and photos of each room.
- Smart Classrooms (ATEC Site) List of smart classrooms and the equipment available in those rooms.
- Astra Link to AdAstra, the campus-wide room scheduling software.
Guides, FAQ's, Tips
- Schedule Building Reminders (Wiki link) Tips, guidelines, reminders, frequently asked questions. Quick answers for common questions regarding schedule building.
- Changing a Class Meeting Pattern Information about Changing a Class Meeting Pattern.
- Changes to the Final Exam Schedule Information about Final Exam changes.
- How to use the APSS Room Request web application.
- Schedule Build Quick Guides Link to the APSS Guides web site.
- BBLearn and Peoplesoft Information from TLP regarding the BBLearn and Peoplesoft connections.
All of these forms are designed to be opened and filled out using Adobe Acrobat.
- Room Request Web Application Used during Schedule Building only, for the jumbo and homeless room requests only.
- Approval to Change the Meeting Pattern for a Class (PDF)
- Approval to Change the Meeting Pattern for a Final Exam (PDF)
- Approval for Non-Standard Meeting Pattern (PDF)
Ad Astra—Room Search & Scheduling application
- Ad Astra is the software application used to search for and/or book available rooms for campus classes and events. All faculty and staff have access (when connected to an on-campus computer) to the Guest View of Ad Astra which includes all general use conference and lecture rooms. To request an Ad Astra account with more permissions complete the Astra Schedule Security Access form (PDF) found on the APSS Astra web site. Send the completed form to APSS, email@example.com, or by mail to campus Zip 720.