Class ScheduleThe Class Schedule is an online publication that is maintained by Academic Publications and Scheduling Services.
APSS works with academic departments to:
- Maximize classroom usage
- Ensure that classes meet for the required number of hours
- Ensure that classes are scheduled according to the campus Standard Scheduling Conventions
- Set aside reserved seating within specialized class sections
- class scheduling for past, current, and future (tentative) semesters
- student registration processes and registration dates
- various attributes, requirements and requisites for each class
The Class Schedule BuildThe Class Schedule build is a process through which departments enter classes to be offered for the semester as well as assigning rooms and instructors to those classes. This enables students to register for classes using the PeopleSoft system and provides the data for the Web Schedule.
- Academic Schedule Building Overview (Power Point) Overview of the Schedule Build process.
- Schedule Building Timeline The official timeline for schedule building for the academic year. Lists all important dates associated with schedule building.
- Fall 2014 Schedule Build Memo The official kick-off memo for building the fall 2014 class schedule.
- Spring 2015 Schedule Build Memo The official kick-off memo for building the spring 2015 class schedule.
- Standard Scheduling Conventions List of times and days that classes can be offered.
- Course Classification Chart List of course classifications used to determine required meeting time and WTU.
- Class Schedule Report A list of classes with details helpful for schedule building.
- Faculty Class List A list of all classes taught by an instructor for the semester.
- Class Inventory Report A list of classes with extensive detail.
- Course Inventory Report A list of courses with catalog information by catalog effective date.
- Schedule Building Reminders Tips, guidelines, reminders, frequently asked questions. Quick answers for the most common questions regarding schedule building.
- Classroom Set-up & Photos Information about each classroom arrangement and photos of each room.
- Smart Classrooms (ATEC Site) List of smart classrooms and the equipment available in those rooms.
- Vista and PeopleSoft Information and helpful reminders about how Vista and PeopleSoft interact.
- Final Examination Schedule Link to the Final Exam Schedule information page on the APSS website.
- Schedule Build Business Process Guides and Quick Guides
- Room Request Form This form is used by departments for jumbo and homeless room requests.
Ad Astra—Room Search & Scheduling application
- Ad Astra is the software used to search for and/or book available rooms for campus classes and events. To request an Ad Astra account email Kathy Favor, firstname.lastname@example.org, CC your supervisor and indicate what type of account you need. (Academic, Events, Academic & Events, or viewing only)