Reader services are provided to students who have a documented print disability. Students may require the assistance of a face-to-face reader for exams, in class reading assignments or other situations where the production of alternative text is not feasible.
Please note: This accommodation must be approved by an Advisor, and will depend on the symptoms and severity of the student's disability.
- Students must submit a new request for each class every semester.
- Requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to service need.
- Requests may be submitted using the Service Request Portal.
- If Reader services are required for exam, please indicate on the exam request.
- Notify ARC if you change your class schedule.
If you have any questions about this accommodation, please contact the Accessibility Resource Center at 530-898-5959.
- It is recommended that students who require texts converted to alternative format register with Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic (RFB&D).
- Electronic reading systems are available for students with disabilities at the Meriam Library ATC Computer Lab.
- Technical support and training are available through ARC and Student Computing.