The Accessibility Resource Center uses student volunteers to take notes for eligible ARC students. ARC provides lined NCR paper for the note-taker.
Please note: This accommodation must be approved by their ARC Advisor, and will depend on the symptoms and severity of the student's disability.
- Students must submit a new request for each class every semester using the Service Request Portal.
- Once you submit your request for note takers, an anonymous/confidential email is automatically sent to all registered students in each class and to each instructor. This e-mail is a notification that a student in this class is seeking a note taker. Students are directed to a link if they are interested in providing the service. E-mails sent to classmates do not contain identifying information about the requestor. The only time that your name is disclosed is at the time you select a note taker and respond to their email/contact information.
- You will receive an e-mail with contact information for each student interested in being a note taker. You can choose your note taker and notify them via the "Response to Note taker" Link in the portal.
- If you do not receive a note taker, contact your ARC Advisor as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about this accommodation, please contact the Accessibility Resource Center at 530-898-5959.
- Note takers are not authorized to provide tutoring, instructional support or editing.
- You will not be provided notes for days that you are not in class unless authorized by an ARC Advisor.
- It is the student's responsibility to notify ARC immediately regarding schedule changes.
- At the end of the semester, you will have the opportunity to evaluate your note taker by using the Service Request Portal.