Under the direction of the student with a disability, research assistants may gather material and read it aloud or copy it for research projects.
Please note: This accommodation must be approved by an Advisor, and will depend on the symptoms and severity of the student's disability and the requirements of the course.
- Students must submit a new request for each class every semester.
- Requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Requests may be submitted using the Service Request Portal.
- Notify ARC if you change your class schedule.
If you have any questions about this accommodation, please contact the Accessibility Resource Center at 530-898-5959.
- Students with disabilities are responsible for knowing how to use the library and other research tools.
- Students with disabilities must be prepared with whatever research materials are needed for their projects.
- Students may request that ARC hire an individual with whom they have previously worked or who they know to possess the skills for the job. ARC, however, reserves the right to make the final hiring decision.
- ARC will clarify the requirements of the job and will train the Research Assistant in the provision of the services. Students are expected to give individual direction to Research Assistants.
- Should the student experience a problem with Research Assistant, they may speak directly to him or her. The student may also meet with an ARC advisor to work towards a solution.
- Research Assistants are provided for academic curriculum support only and may not provide personal assistance.
- ARC reserves the right to discontinue service if any of the above is violated or abused.
- Students are given the opportunity to evaluate the Research Assistants at the end of each semester.