Rights and Responsibilities
Students with disabilities have the right to:
- Full and equal participation in the services and activities of California State University, Chico
- Reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids and services
- Privacy based on FERPA regulations
- Information and instructional materials available in a timely manner in an accessible formats
Students with disabilities have the responsibility to:
- Meet qualifications for and maintain essential institutional standards for courses, programs, services, jobs, and activities
- Identify as an individual with a disability when an accommodation is needed and to seek information, counsel, and assistance as necessary
- Provide documentation from an appropriately licensed professional which describes how your disability limits your participation in courses, programs, services, jobs and activities
- Follow published procedures for obtaining reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids and services, or for requesting barrier removal
For more information about Student Rights and Responsibilities
“Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities” from the Office of Civil Rights.
ARC Service Delivery Complaints or Concerns
If you have a concern or a complaint, we at Accessibility Resource Center would appreciate the opportunity to address your concern informally.
Complaints by a student about his/her academic adjustments and/or accommodations to a University's educational program related to his/her disability shall be directed to the Director of Accessibility Resource Center/ADA Compliance Officer, Sandy Parsons, and shall be governed by coded memorandum AA 2014-08. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment by contacting the Accessablity Rsource Center Student Services Center 170 (530) 898-5959.
If the response by the Accessibility Resource Center does not satisfactorily resolve the issue, you may contact the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs in Kendall 110.
CSU Chico Policies
Executive Order 1097: Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Against Students and Systemwide Procedure for Handling Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Complaints by Students http://www.csuchico.edu/sjd/eo1097.pdf
AA 2014-08: Policy for the Provision of Accommodations and Support Services to Students with Disabilities http://www.calstate.edu/acadaff/codedmemos/AA-2014-08.pdf
Student Judicial Affairs
ADA Compliance Officer
Human Resources Service Center
Outside Agency Resource:
Office of Civil Rights
Office of Civil Right Website
Phone: 415-437-7786 V/TTY
Old Federal Building
50 United Nations Way
San Francisco, CA 94102