Rights and Responsibilities
Students with disabilities have the right to:
- Full and equal participation in the services and activities of California State University, Chico
- Reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids and services
- Privacy based on FERPA regulations
- Information and instructional materials available in a timely manner in an accessible formats
Students with disabilities have the responsibility to:
- Meet qualifications for and maintain essential institutional standards for courses, programs, services, jobs, and activities
- Identify as an individual with a disability when an accommodation is needed and to seek information, counsel, and assistance as necessary
- Provide documentation from an appropriately licensed professional which describes how your disability limits your participation in courses, programs, services, jobs and activities
- Follow published procedures for obtaining reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids and services, or for requesting barrier removal
For more information about Student Rights and Responsibilities
“Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities” from the Office of Civil Rights.
ARC Service Delivery Complaints or Concerns
If you have a concern or a complaint, we at Accessibility Resource Center would appreciate the opportunity to address your concern informally.
Complaints by a student about his/her academic adjustments and/or accommodations to a University's educational program related to his/her disability shall be directed to the Director of Accessibility Resource Center/ADA Compliance Officer, Sandy Parsons, and shall be governed by coded memorandum AA 2014-08. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment by contacting the Accessiblity Rsource Center Student Services Center 170 (530) 898-5959.
If the response by the Accessibility Resource Center does not satisfactorily resolve the issue, you may initiate a complaint with the Office of Student Judicial Affairs.
CSU Chico Policies
Executive Order 1097: Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Against Students and Systemwide Procedure for Handling Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Complaints by Students http://www.csuchico.edu/sjd/eo1097.pdf
AA 2014-08: Policy for the Provision of Accommodations and Support Services to Students with Disabilities http://www.calstate.edu/acadaff/codedmemos/AA-2014-08.pdf
Student Judicial Affairs
ADA Compliance Officer
Human Resources Service Center
Outside Agency Resource:
Office of Civil Rights
Office of Civil Right Website
Phone: 415-437-7786 V/TTY
Old Federal Building
50 United Nations Way
San Francisco, CA 94102