Preferring Chico State Grads
Career Center Among the Best in the West
Employers prefer Chico State graduates.
- An undergraduate education from Chico State offers one of the nation’s highest returns on investment (ROI), according to a 2014 list published by BestColleges.com.
- Forbes magazine ranked CSU, Chico 27th in the nation among public universities for the median salaries of its graduates, based on a 2009 study by PayScale.com, which looked at the earnings of college grads with at least 10 years of work experience.
- In 2011–12, more than 440 companies, school districts, and organizations, including Chevron Corporation, Hewlett-Packard, E&J Gallo Winery, Ernst & Young, Peace Corps, SAP, The Ritz Carlton, Goodrich Aerostructures and Franklin Templeton Investments came on campus to recruit students of all majors.
- In a 2011–12 survey of employers, 99% rated the Career Center operation as either outstanding or above average compared to other universities where they recruit.
- In a spring 2010 survey of 220 students, 98% of students rated the overall service of the Career Center as either "excellent" or "good," and 99% were "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with the quality of information they received.