- February 03, 10, & 17, 2015, Chico State-Craig Hall, Gordon Room (1:00-2:00 PM): Book in Common Disscussion
- Join us for this three-week class focused on The Distance Between Us!
- February 17, 2015, Chico State-Ayres Hall 120: International Forum (4:00-5:00PM): "Drugs, Disappearances, and Mass Graves:Mexico's National Nightmare comes to Reyna Grande's Hometown of Iguala, Guerrero"
- Guest Speaker-Steve Lewis, professor of History
- February 24, 2014, Laxson Auditorium (7:30 PM): Come hear The Distance Between Us author Reyna Grande give a lecture about this incredible book. For more information please see the Chico Performances website.
- Read The Distance Between Us!
- September 4, 2014, Chico City Plaza (6:00-7:30 PM): Book in Common Kick-off Event
- September 18, 2014, Chico State-Colusa Hall: Bienvenida Reception (3:30-5:30 PM): Tabling to share information about the Book in Common. We encourage everyone to attend: students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members. We hope to see you there!
- September 19, 2014, Chico State-Trinity Commons: Campus Kick-off Event (11:30Am-1:30PM): Stop by Trinity Commons to learn about the Book in Common, have a chance to win a free copy of The Distance Between Us, hear student speakers read passages from the book, and enjoy some cupcakes!
- September 23, 2014, Chico State-Ayres Hall 120: International Forum (4:00-5:00PM): "Crossing Boundaries: Farmworkers Breaking the Silence"
- Come hear Efren Sanchez-Delgado share his experiences assisting the farm-working community in Southeastern Colorado. This presentation features a discussion of the issues that farmworkers face on a daily basis, and the courses of action people can take to help support the lives of farmworkers on a local or national level. Efren is a graduate student in the Masters of Public Administration program in the Department of Political Science at CSU, Chico
- October 10, 2014, Colusa Hall 100B (4:30-6:30 PM): Campus & Community Presentation
- The School of Education, the College of Communication & Education, and Undergraduate Education are sponsoring two FREE sessions on the Chico State campus for nationally recognized artist, author, and keynote speaker, Simón Silva. Mr. Silva will discuss his life, his lessons learned, and his art, along with making personal connections to our Book in Common.
- October 11, 2014, Colusa Hall 100B (9:00-11:00 AM): Education Workshop
- Teachers, student teachers, and those interested in the creative process are encouraged to attend. During this session, Mr. Silva will share approaches and processes for including creativity in K-12 learning. Mr. Silva’s book, Cultivate a Creative Mind, will be available for purchase at the end of both sessions. After the workshop, stay for a book signing starting at 11:15am. We hope to see you there!
- November 3, 2014, PAC 134 (4:00 PM): Book in Common Student Panel-Closing Distances with Our Stories