- September 13, 2012, 6 p.m. - Book In Common Kick-off, Chico City Plaza
- September 27, 2012, 7:30-9:19 p.m. - Last Call at the Oasis, Pageant Theatre, Chico, CA, Presented by the Chico's Book In Common and the Osher Life Long Learning Institute. Buy tickets here.
- September 28, 2012, 10:30-11:30 a.m. - Best Practices in Agricultural Water Use. Lee Altier, Colleen Hatfield, organizers. Colusa Hall, room 100B.
- October 4, 2012, 6:30 p.m. - Last Call at the Oasis, film shown at U-hub for residence hall students
- October 5, 2012, 10:00 a.m. - KCHO's Nancy Wiegman will interview author Robert Glennon on Nancy's bookshelf. Tune in to hear what he thinks about the water crisis.
- October 5, 2012, 7:30 p.m. - Robert Glennon: Unquenchable, will speak at Laxson Auditorium. Buy tickets here...
- October 9, 2012, 4-5 pm - Professor Anita Chaudhry (Economics), International Forum, "Water and Climate Change: Challenges of Governance." Ayres 120.
- October 11, 2012, 5-7 p.m. - Northern Sacramento Valley Water Forum, "Taking a Closer Look at Delta Planning: How Does it Fit Together? How Does it Tie to the Sacramento Valley?". Masonic Family Center, 1110 W. East Avenue, Chico, CA 95973. More...
- November 3, 2012, 2:30-4:30 pm - Free screening of "Over Troubled Waters" and panel discussion following. Pageant Theatre - 351 E. 6th st.
- November 6, 2012, 4-5 pm. - Professor Daniel Veidlinger (Religious Studies), International Forum, 'Water of life, water of health: access to clean water." Ayres 120.
- November 7, 2012, 4-5 p.m. - Panel Discussion: Water transfers in California. Panel organizer, Dr. Eric Houk, College of Agriculture. Colusa Hall 100B.
- November 29th - 30th - Water Conference: Water for Seven Generations: Will California Prepare For It? This prestigious conference is brought to you by the AquaAlliance and will be held at the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company in Chico. To attend the conference, you may sign up online at www.aquaalliance.net/water-conference-2012.
February 5, 2013, 4:30-6:00 pm - Free Public Forum: "Ethical Issues and Water: An Interfaith Dialogue". Hosted by CSU, Chico's Book in Common Group and Butte Environmental Council, the conversation will focus on the spiritual and stewardship issues that surround water. These issues include water as an element essential to all life, as a human right, and as a contentious public policy issue in California and beyond. For more information and a list of speakers visit www.becnet.org. Event located in Colusa Hall Room 100B on the CSU, Chico campus.