- NECESSITY OF HOURS
- No one shall be initiated unless he or she has completed a
minimum of 14 hours of service for Omicron Theta Epsilon in the
semester immediately preceding initiation, and is actively pursuing
hours in the semester of initiation. Omicron feels that 14 hours is not
an undue burden, and depends upon the efforts of its members to
maintain its existence
- HOURS OPTIONS
- Coffee and Donut Stand
- Weekly Coffee and Donut Stand Clean-up
- Friday Seminar Set-up/Clean-up
- Bringing Cookies for Friday Seminar
- Party Clean-up
- Endangered Species Fair/Environmental Fair
- Other announced activities - plant sales, posting flyers,
- WEIGHING HOURS
- (1) through (3) are regular, weekly hours, and are assigned
in shifts for each semester. If adhered to, a shift will cover the
hours requirement for that semester.
- (4) is worth 2 hours for each hour of tutoring help provided.
Tutors who are paid for their time do not receive Omicron credit for
- (5) is worth an hour for each week in which cookies are
supplied, but credit shall not exceed three hours in any given
- (6) shall count for two hours of credit for each hour spent.
With a minimum of two hours awarded for each tour.
- (9) includes any hours opportunities which may come up, and
for which hours weighting will be determined individually. These
opportunities will be announced.
- Any weekend tasks shall be awarded three credit hours for
each hour spent. Weekend tasks include (7), (8), and (9) where
- THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MEMBER
- Is is each members responsibility to ensure that he or she
has completed the requisity number of hours in any given semester. Any
questions regarding the number of hours completed or left to complete
should be referred to the Member at Large. If a member has a schedule
conflift which interfere with taking schedule weekly hours, or is
having difficulty fulfilling his or her commitment through weekend
hours, he or she shoudl contact an Omicron executive for other options.
Said request shall be presented no later than three months before the
end of the semester for seven to thirteen hours, and no later than one
month before the end of the semester for six hours and less.
- THE RESPONSIBILTY OF OMICRON THETA EPSILON
- Omicron is an organization by students and for students, and
therefore endeavors to make things as easy as possibly for its members
and prospective members. If a member approaches an officer with a
request for hours options, within the time restrictions mentioned
above, Omicron shall provide a way to fulfill the hours requirement. If
Omicron cannot provide a reasonable opportunity for hours, the number
of hours in question shall be awarded to the requesting member.