Priority of Consideration:
- To attend a field station or participate in a summer field
experience of the applicant's choice, for credit.
- To conduct field research by regular session
students enrolled in Special Problems (BIOL 399), Independent Study
(BIOL 697), Master's These (BIOL 699T), or other courses with a significant independent field work component.
- Any California State University , Chico student may apply.
(Any California State University, Chico student may apply.)
Application: Application forms may be downloaded by
CLICKING HERE or may be picked up in the Department of Biological Sciences Office. (Holt 205).
- Complete form due by March 1
to the department office.
- Ask three individuals familiar with your abilities and
work habits to write letters of recommendation.
- Have these individuals submit their letters to the Department office. If this application is for a BIOL 399, 697, or 699T course, one of your letters should be from a professor supervising your project.
- A short grant proposal describing the project background, question(s), and
methodology, along with a detailed budget, must accompany your application.
- Awards will be announced in early May.
- The amounts awarded will vary, depending upon the project and the availability of funds.
Award Selection Committee:
- Omicron Advisor(s)
- A Biology faculty member chosen by the Omicron Executive Committee.
- Omicron President and another Officer chosen by the Omicron Executive Committee.
(No Award applicant shall sit on the Award Selection Committee.)