Biological Sciences Seminars Available for Viewing
The Biological Sciences Seminars are now available for viewing. The presentations have been transcribed and the transcriptions with PowerPoints are available online.
Graduate Students Wanted
Donor Impact Report now available.
College of Natural Sciences Alumni Reunion:
October 11-12, 2013
Monday, Wednesday and Friday = 11am - noon | TR = 10am - 11am
Department of Biological Sciences
California State University
Chico, California 95929-0515
Office: Holt 101 B
Laboratory: Holt 301
Campus phone # (530) 898-6362
Campus FAX # (530) 898-5060
- Biology 5: Economic Botany: Food, Fiber and Drugs
- Biology 215:Plant Physiology
- Biology 315: Physiological Plant Ecology
General research interests are in the physiological response mechanisms of plants to environmental stresses and their impact on growth and development.
Specific areas of current research and links to journal citations:
- Use of remote sensing technologies to monitor physiological processes of plant canopies
- Growth, physiological, biochemical, morphological and molecular responses of forests species to elevated atmospheric CO2 and and associated climate change conditions.
- Responses of agricultural plant species to nutrient-deficiency conditions.
- Effects of atmospheric pollutants on plant growth and productivity.
- Avoidance, accumulation, sequestration and partitioning of heavy metals by plants and their potential use in phytoremediation.