Biological Sciences Seminars Available for Viewing
The Biological Sciences Seminars are now available for viewing. The presentations have been transcribed and the transcriptions with PowerPoints are available online.
Graduate Students Wanted
Donor Impact Report now available.
College of Natural Sciences Alumni Reunion:
October 11-12, 2013
Teaching Associate Positions
in Introduction to Living Systems (NSCI 102), Human Anatomy (BIOL 103), Human Physiology (BIOL 104)
Department of Biological Sciences – California State University, Chico
The Position: Teaching Associate positions for one to four laboratories or activities (7-40% appointment) in the Department of Biological Sciences, CSU Chico
Minimum Qualifications: Currently admitted to a M.S. program in the Department of Biological Sciences and enrolled in courses toward the completion of the degree during the appointment period. Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter of the discipline addressed by course. Ability to relate well to others within the academic environment. Ability to instruct and evaluate students. Exceptions to minimum eligibility qualifications may be granted at the discretion of the University.
Responsibilities: Provide laboratory instruction to lower-division level classes, make assignments to students, prepare course materials, administer examinations, assess student performance, tutor students, determine course grades, attend meetings for Teaching Associates.
Closing Date: Review for Fall semester work will begin May 1. Review for Spring semester work will begin December 1. If either of these dates falls on a weekend, review will begin the first working day thereafter. Applications completed after these dates may be considered.
If you are currently a TA you must submit:
- A Teaching Associate Application for Employment.
- A brief letter of intent stating your desire to continue as a TA, indicating course preference(s) and number of labs you would like to teach, and including a brief statement of your qualifications to teach labs in specific classes.
- A curriculum vitae (if one is on file, a new one is necessary only if you wish to update it).
- A progress report from your major professor. Dr. Jonathan Day, the Graduate Coordinator, has progress report forms for Biological Sciences. This report is required and is strongly considered in ranking. Please submit your report with your letter of intent.
If you are not currently a TA you must:
- Complete a Teaching Associate Application for Employment.
- Submit a letter stating your desire to be a TA. Please indicate course preference(s) and the number of labs you are willing to teach, and include a brief statement of your qualifications to teach labs in specific classes.
- Submit your curriculum vitae.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from faculty or qualified individuals.
- Please include your CSU Chico ID number on your letter or CV.
For all applicants, we must have an address, email, and phone number where you can be reached during the period of review and up to the beginning of the semester. Failure to provide these may result in forfeiture of your opportunity for employment. We must complete hiring during that period.
Please send materials to:
Dr. Jeff Bell, Chair
Attention: Teaching Associate Position
Department of Biological Sciences, CSU, Chico, Chico CA 95929-0515
An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for CSU, Chico can be obtained by contacting the Chico State University Police Department (530-898-5372) or through: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/American Disabilities Act employer. For disability-related accommodations, call 530-898-6192. The University only employs individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.For more information about the university, college, and department: www.csuchico.edu/