Student Learning Outcomes for BS in Biological Sciences
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for the Bachelor of Science degree in biology
All candidates for the award of BS in biology will demonstrate mastery in the following SLOs:
- Students can describe the structure and function of cellular components and explain how they interact in a living cell.
- Students can demonstrate an understanding of the mechanisms driving evolution, and can describe similarities and differences of the major taxonomic groups.
- Students can describe how cells interact to develop tissues and organs, and how these contribute to a functional organism.
- Students can describe how organisms interact with one another and to their environment, and are able to explain interactions at the population and community levels.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of, and ability to use, the processes and methods of scientific inquiry.
- Students can formally communicate the results of biological investigations using both oral and written communication skills.