Biological Sciences Seminars Available for Viewing
The Biological Sciences Seminars are now available for viewing. The presentations have been transcribed and the transcriptions with PowerPoints are available online.
Graduate Students Wanted
Donor Impact Report now available.
College of Natural Sciences Alumni Reunion:
October 11-12, 2013
Student Learning Outcomes for BS in Microbiology
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for the Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology
All candidates for the award of BS in microbiology will demonstrate mastery in the following SLOs:
- Students can demonstrate knowledge of cell structure and metabolism.
- Students can demonstrate knowledge of evolutionary forces and their consequences.
- Students can demonstrate knowledge as to how microorganisms interact with their environment.
- Students can demonstrate knowledge of the interaction between humans and microorganisms.
- Students can describe and use new and existing methods and technologies in and out of the laboratory setting.
- Students can formally communicate the results of biological investigations using both oral and written communication skills.
- Students can demonstrate an understanding, and ability to use, the scientific method including observation, hypotheses testing, data collection, and analysis.