Education Hiring Fair
Saturday, March 10, 2018
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Bell Memorial Union (BMU) Auditorium
California State University, Chico
School districts from all over California are looking to meet and hire future teachers and education leaders in their districts. This career fair is a must for those who want to learn more about a career in teaching at the K-12 level, start networking early, or talk to hiring officials. You do not have to be a Chico State student or alumni to attend - all are welcome. No need to pre-register.
We expect the California State University, Chico Education Hiring Fair to attract more than 300 qualified credential candidates and alumni. The credential program at Chico State offers
• Multiple Subject Credential
• Multiple Subject or Single Subject Credential with Bilingual Authorization for Spanish or Hmong
• Single Subject Credential for Agriculture, Art, Biology, Chemistry, English, French, Geological Sciences, Health Science, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Physics, General Science, Spanish, and Social Science/History
• Education Specialist Credential for Mild/Moderate and/or Moderate/Severe Disabilities
• Adapted Physical Education Authorization
• Pupil Personnel Services Credential for School Psychology
• Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential
• Administrative Services Credential
Basic Package: $250
• Includes six foot table and two chairs (up to three representatives allowed per table)
• Morning coffee, juice, and scones
• Free parking for the day
• Lunch for up to three people
Bidwell Package: $500
• Includes all benefits of the Basic Package
• Listing as an event sponsor in the student brochure
• Sponsorship of basket of teacher-friendly items to be raffled
• Optimal table location reserved
Please note that payment is due before your registration is active. Until we receive payment, your table reservation is not guaranteed. If fair attendance reaches capacity before your payment is received, you will be placed on a waiting list, and we will notify you when there is an opening. Please be sure to include a printout of your invoice if you are sending your payment via check. Make checks payable to CSU, Chico Career Center – Education Hiring Fair, 400 West First Street, Chico, CA 95929-0700. If you would like to pay by credit card, you may pay online or call us at (530) 898-5253.
Please note that until payment is received, we cannot guarantee your table reservation.
Please login to your JobCat account at https://www.myinterfase.com/csuchico/employer
1. At the Info Session/Career Fair menu, choose Career Fair Registration
2. Click the Search button
3. Choose the Education Hiring Fair Register link
Parking passes are not required as the Education Hiring Fair is a Saturday event. We recommend that you park in the lot across from the BMU on West Second Street (not Avenue), between Hazel and Chestnut Streets. Students will be available to assist with unloading and transporting your informational materials and supplies from the parking lot to the BMU.
School districts may select and set up their tables any time after 8 AM. Tables will be available on a first-come, first-choice basis unless you have purchased the Bidwell fee package, in which case your table space will be reserved.
• Arrival, check-in and morning refreshments: 8 - 10 AM
• School districts meet and greet teaching candidates at their tables: 10 - 1 PM. (There will be space available in the same building to interview.)
• Lunch buffet available: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
• Your successful day of recruiting will wrap up at 1 PM. Students will again be available to assist you in transporting materials and supplies from the BMU to the parking lot.
What we provide:
• One six foot table and two chairs (with each table reservation).
• Up to three lunches per each table reservation.
What to bring:
• Be sure to bring lots of handouts or brochures! School districts often run out of these during the day, so please bring a good supply.
• You are welcome to bring a tablecloth and table displays, give-aways, applications and other informational materials.
Last date to cancel with refund is Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5 PM. No refunds will be issued after that date. To cancel your registration, email Lora Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Driving directions and campus maps of Chico State: http://www.csuchico.edu/maps/index.shtml
Hotel Diamond (866) 993-3100 Ask for Chico State Career Center Rate
Oxford Suites (530) 899-9090 Ask for Chico State Career Center Rate
Additional lodging: http://entertainmentchico.com/pages/chico-hotels.htm
For more information:
Call the Chico State Career Center (530) 898-5253 or email Lora Ferguson at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the Chico State Education Hiring Fair!