Why Recruit at Chico?
Why Recruit at California State University, Chico?
Recruiters across the country are tasked with finding the best and brightest candidates to find solutions and add value within the organizations they represent. With shrinking budgets and limited staff resources, choosing where to access candidates is an important decision with multiple considerations.
At Chico State, we strive to help you connect with an outstanding pool of current students, new college graduates, and alumni with the best training, unique academic tutelage, strong leadership skills, professional experience, and desire to work and contribute in a global marketplace.
The Chico Advantage
Employers continue to hire Chico students and alumni because of the "Chico Experience.” Some special attributes of our campus and students/alumni include
- Residential/close-knit campus
- Applied curriculum
- “Real-life,” project-oriented educational experience
- Cutting edge technologies
- Demonstration of a strong work ethic and readiness to work
- Students’ easy access to campus and community activities
California State University, Chico is recognized as a premier institution targeted by many elite companies because access to students through the Career Center is user-friendly and the internship and full-time hires from CSU, Chico have performed exceptionally well on the job. The academic and leadership credentials of our students, the caliber of our esteemed faculty, the unique academic offerings, and the variety of extracurricular education available to our students come together to provide a spectacular university.
- In addition, California State University, Chico has been nationally recognized as one of the finest universities in the country. Consider the following highlights of achievement:Chico State was one of the 21 schools in the U.S. and Canada named to The Princeton Review’s 2013 “Green Honor Roll,” honoring “environmentally friendly” institutions. Chico received the highest possible score.
- Sustainable Manufacturing Program students won the Grand Prize for the 13th time at the prestigious 2012 Society of Manufacturing Engineers for their sustainable composite skateboard deck, with trucks and axles.
- Undergraduate and graduate students served as researchers for a 2011-13 Center for Nutrition and Activity Promotion project measuring elementary school plate waste to evaluate the effectiveness of the state’s Harvest of the Month nutrition education.
- The Associated General Contractors (ASC) student chapter won the 2012 Outstanding Student Chapter Contest for its community service in the tornado-stricken community of Joplin, Mo. This was the fourth year Chico State has been one of the top three student chapters in the nation.
- As part of the University’s 125th anniversary celebration in 2012, students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni performed more than 125,000 hours of community service.
- Victory Media, publisher of G.I Jobs; Military Times EDGE; and Military Advanced Education have all named Chico State to their 2013 lists of schools doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students.
As you can see, it does not take much to convince people that CSU, Chico is one of the most well rounded universities, public or private, in the country. For a more complete look at our recent achievements please take a look at President Zingg's 2012 Report. More than awards and rankings, however, the strength of our employer relations depends upon our graduates. What keeps employers returning to Chico State to recruit semester after semester is the success of previous recruits within their organization.
Chico State Student Population/Diversity Statistics
For more detailed information on student population and diversity statistics please visit Chico State's Institutional Research data site.
Contact Us Today
Whether you are new to the college job market or you have been an employer partner for years, we invite you to connect with the Chico State Career Center staff. To develop your own customized recruitment strategy at Chico State please contact Kendra Wright, the on-campus recruitment coordinator. We are confident that when you ask yourself, "Why Recruit at Chico State?," your experience on campus and with hires from CSU, Chico will be the only answer you need. See more information regarding on-campus interviews or to post a job on the Handshake database.