Applying to Grad School
You can find resources in our office (SSC 270) and on the web. Be sure to visit the college's websites that you are interested in and review their catalog and visit their campus.
- Research schools and programs you're are interested in and visit petersons.com and/ or gradschools.com to research graduate schools and programs.
- Discuss your options with professors, family, friends and coworkers.
- Come in and discuss your ideas with a career counselor.
- Most graduate schools require an admissions exam. The GRE or Graduate Record Exam is the most popular exam, but look at your application materials. Visit GRE- Graduate Record Exam for more information.(MAT, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT) Find international GRE test centers and dates at the ETS GRE site.
- Give yourself enough time to study and take practice exams. Try Anki as a study aide.
- There are courses, books and Web sites designed to prepare students for graduate admission exams. Test Prep Courses are available online and through the College of Continuing Education.
- Application, such as CSU Mentor
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose or Letter of Intent
- Letters of recommendation
Graduate School Interview Questions
Sample Questions and Video Link
Helpful Web sites
Testing Office/Prometric Computer-Based Testing Center
Chico State Graduate Studies
Association of American Medical Colleges
Guide to Gaining State Residency
Anki - Downloadable study aide