By answering a variety of questions and analyzing the results, assessments are a way for you to find out how your personality preferences, interests, values, skills, and preferred lifestyle relate to occupations. Currently the Career Center offers the free FOCUS 2 online assessment and also offers two other assessments for a small fee.
FOCUS 2 is a self-paced career guidance tool designed to help you clarify your career goals. To optimize your use of FOCUS 2, be sure to:
1. Access your account in the box below.
2. Complete the Self Assessment sections:
Each section will take about 10-15 minutes to complete. For best results complete all the sections. You do not have to complete all the sections at one time.
3. After completing Focus 2, please schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor to review your results. The Career Advisor can help by suggesting majors that would be a good fit for the occupations you are considering and answer questions about your career path. You can schedule an appointment by calling the Career Center: 530-898-5253.
4. Online resources for researching occupational titles can be found here: Career Descriptions
First Time Users
Create a New Account
Log in Now!
• Career Assessments
• Occupational Advice
• Videos About Various Career Fields
• Career Planning Tools
• Career Options by Education Level
• Side-by-Side Occupation Comparisons
We can also administer and interpret the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers Briggs Type Indicator by appointment. There is a fee for these assessments. Please call 530-898-5253 for more information.
SkillsOne - CPP's Online Assessment System - Please contact the Career Center to use this assessment tool.
The Chico State Academic Advising Programs staff offers advising assistance for undeclared students who are unsure about their educational direction, as well as for those students who want to understand their options. Their professional staff of academic advisors and interns are happy to assist you with questions about University policies and regulations, problems with your classes, General Education requirements, etc. Academic Advising Programs is located is SSC 220; hours for advising can be found here.
A great way to explore a major of interest is to take a class in the discipline you are considering. Taking one (or more) of the classes listed on this link may help with your career exploration.