Quote of the Month
"You're alive. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change."
Front Desk Assistant Job Description
- Front Desk Assistant at the Cross-Cultural Leadership Center (CCLC) is a part-time student employee position at 15 hours a week for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- August 5, 2013 (with possible opportunity to work Summer 2013)
- The position of the CCLC Front Desk requires a student who is passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others through diversity and leadership. The CCLC is looking for a student that is self-motivated, well organized, and is passionate about creating a positive change and impact on Chico's campus. A Front Desk Assistant must be able to effectively multi-task, create a positive atmosphere for all students, and assist in logistical preparation of programs sponsored by the CCLC.
- Each Front Desk Assistant will be assigned duties to accomplish throughout the year. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the planning, developing, and implementing conferences, retreats, and workshops that enhance and embrace the mission of the CCLC. **Please note that some programs will be held over weekends or after 5 PM throughout the year.
- Attend core programs hosted by the CCLC when not in class.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings on Mondays from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- Prepare, set up and reserve space for workshops, professional meetings, and presentations occurring in the common area of the CCLC.
- Meet with the Program Coordinator and/or Assistant Program Coordinator as requested.
- Manage CCLC social media, website, bulletin boards, and other marketing techniques required to disseminate information about the CCLC.
- Develop intentional activities for students who come into the CCLC that promotes a positive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Uphold the CCLC values by keeping the CCLC clean, presentable, and reinforcing inclusive behaviors in the CCLC.
- Engage in discussions in the CCLC about topics of diversity and leadership.
- Upholding the CCLC values by keeping the infrastructure of the CCLC clean, presentable, and reinforcing inclusive behaviors in the CCLC.
- Being an ambassador for the CCLC and representing its mission statement on and off campus activities.
- (Returners Only) Will be responsible for assisting in the development and training preparation of new staff members.
- Any other duty assigned by the CCLC Professional Staff.
- Prefer and maintain a minimum of 2.3 grade point average.
- MAC and PC Computer skills are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated previous leadership or student group experience.
- Ability to relate well to diverse students, facutly, and staff.
- Effective communication skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively work in a team/group environment.
- Demonstrated passion and desire for diversity and leadership through past experiences.
- Front Desk Assistants will be paid $9.05 an hour at 15-20 hours a week.
- WEDNESDAY, March 27, 2013 by 5 PM
- Please submit all applicant materials to MLIB 172 (across from the Marketplace)