Quote of the Month
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
Front Desk Assistant Job Description
- Front Desk Assistant at the Cross-Cultural Leadership Center (CCLC) is a part-time student employee position at 15 hours a week for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- August 5, 2013 (with possible opportunity to work Summer 2013)
- The position of the CCLC Front Desk requires a student who is passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others through diversity and leadership. The CCLC is looking for a student that is self-motivated, well organized, and is passionate about creating a positive change and impact on Chico's campus. A Front Desk Assistant must be able to effectively multi-task, create a positive atmosphere for all students, and assist in logistical preparation of programs sponsored by the CCLC.
- Each Front Desk Assistant will be assigned duties to accomplish throughout the year. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the planning, developing, and implementing conferences, retreats, and workshops that enhance and embrace the mission of the CCLC. **Please note that some programs will be held over weekends or after 5 PM throughout the year.
- Attend core programs hosted by the CCLC when not in class.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings on Mondays from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- Prepare, set up and reserve space for workshops, professional meetings, and presentations occurring in the common area of the CCLC.
- Meet with the Program Coordinator and/or Assistant Program Coordinator as requested.
- Manage CCLC social media, website, bulletin boards, and other marketing techniques required to disseminate information about the CCLC.
- Develop intentional activities for students who come into the CCLC that promotes a positive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Uphold the CCLC values by keeping the CCLC clean, presentable, and reinforcing inclusive behaviors in the CCLC.
- Engage in discussions in the CCLC about topics of diversity and leadership.
- Upholding the CCLC values by keeping the infrastructure of the CCLC clean, presentable, and reinforcing inclusive behaviors in the CCLC.
- Being an ambassador for the CCLC and representing its mission statement on and off campus activities.
- (Returners Only) Will be responsible for assisting in the development and training preparation of new staff members.
- Any other duty assigned by the CCLC Professional Staff.
- Prefer and maintain a minimum of 2.3 grade point average.
- MAC and PC Computer skills are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated previous leadership or student group experience.
- Ability to relate well to diverse students, facutly, and staff.
- Effective communication skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively work in a team/group environment.
- Demonstrated passion and desire for diversity and leadership through past experiences.
- Front Desk Assistants will be paid $9.05 an hour at 15-20 hours a week.
- WEDNESDAY, March 27, 2013 by 5 PM
- Please submit all applicant materials to MLIB 172 (across from the Marketplace)