Quote of the Month
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."
Marketing Intern Job Description
- Marketing Intern at the Cross-Cultural Leadership Center (CCLC) is a part-time student employee at 10 hours a week for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- August 5, 2013 (with possible opportunity to work Summer 2013)
- The position of the CCLC Marketing Intern requires a student who is an innovative, self-motivated and enthusiastic student who is interested in bringing their graphic design and marketing talents to an event planning team. The CCLC is looking for a student that is self-motivated, is interested in marketing programs related to diversity and leadership.
- The CCLC Marketing Intern will be assigned projects to accomplish throughout the year. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design and production of marketing materials that include print media (posters, signs, ads, photography, etc.), online images/ads and support of other innovative promotional experiences.
- Brainstorming creative events and promotional ideas.
- Design and implement marketing campaigns for CCLC core programs, conferences and events.
- Meet with CCLC Paraprofessionals and Professional Staff to discuss promotional projects and marketing needs related to upcoming programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work independently on programs and initiatives.
- Accurately estimate timelines for completing projects and successfully meeting/exceeding those timelines.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Has secondary responsibilities for specific marketing duties related to social media promotion, organization talks, tabling and other relevant marketing strategies.
- Oversight of the production, including work with campus Printing Services and off-campus vendors.
- Attend all staff meetings on Mondays from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- Prefer and maintain a minimum of 2.3 grade point average.
- MAC computer skills are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working within graphic design, marketing and/or public relations.
- Strong understanding of the principles of graphic design and layout including typography, visual hierarchy and proximity, contrast, color and detail.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of the following design programs is required: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledge and skill with social media platforms in use for marketing is highly desirable.
- Marketing Intern will be paid $9.05 an hour at 10 hours a week.
- WEDNESDAY, March 27, 2013 by 5 PM
Please submit all application materials to MLIB 172 (across from the BMU Marketplace)