Quote of the Month
"You're alive. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change."
Marketing Intern Job Description
- Marketing Intern at the Cross-Cultural Leadership Center (CCLC) is a part-time student employee at 10 hours a week for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- August 5, 2013 (with possible opportunity to work Summer 2013)
- The position of the CCLC Marketing Intern requires a student who is an innovative, self-motivated and enthusiastic student who is interested in bringing their graphic design and marketing talents to an event planning team. The CCLC is looking for a student that is self-motivated, is interested in marketing programs related to diversity and leadership.
- The CCLC Marketing Intern will be assigned projects to accomplish throughout the year. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design and production of marketing materials that include print media (posters, signs, ads, photography, etc.), online images/ads and support of other innovative promotional experiences.
- Brainstorming creative events and promotional ideas.
- Design and implement marketing campaigns for CCLC core programs, conferences and events.
- Meet with CCLC Paraprofessionals and Professional Staff to discuss promotional projects and marketing needs related to upcoming programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work independently on programs and initiatives.
- Accurately estimate timelines for completing projects and successfully meeting/exceeding those timelines.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Has secondary responsibilities for specific marketing duties related to social media promotion, organization talks, tabling and other relevant marketing strategies.
- Oversight of the production, including work with campus Printing Services and off-campus vendors.
- Attend all staff meetings on Mondays from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- Prefer and maintain a minimum of 2.3 grade point average.
- MAC computer skills are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working within graphic design, marketing and/or public relations.
- Strong understanding of the principles of graphic design and layout including typography, visual hierarchy and proximity, contrast, color and detail.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of the following design programs is required: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledge and skill with social media platforms in use for marketing is highly desirable.
- Marketing Intern will be paid $9.05 an hour at 10 hours a week.
- WEDNESDAY, March 27, 2013 by 5 PM
Please submit all application materials to MLIB 172 (across from the BMU Marketplace)