Quote of the Month
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiousity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
Paraprofessional Job Description
- Paraprofessional at the Cross-Cultural Leadership Center (CCLC) is a part-time student employee at 15 hours a week for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- August 5, 2013 (with possible opportunity to work Summer 2013)
- The position of the CCLC Paraprofessional requires a student who is passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others through diversity and leadership. The CCLC is looking for a student that is self-motivated, is passionate about creating a positive change and impact on Chico's campus, and is interested in coordinating programs related to diversity and leadership. A Paraprofessional should be someone who can connect with diverse individual students and student groups, as well as with other members of the greater university community.
- Each Paraprofessional will be assigned programs and duties to accomplish throughout the year. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Planning, developing, and implementing conferences, retreats, and workshops that enhance and embrace the mission of the CCLC. **Please note that some programs will be held over weekends or after 5 PM throughout the year.
- Attend all programs hosted by the CCLC when not in class.
- Attend all staff meetings on Mondays from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- Leading and facilitating workshops, professional meetings, and presentations related to diversity and leadership.
- Actively participate in CCLC programming committees.
- Meet with the Program Coordinator and the Assistant Program Coordinator for programmatic and leadership development on a regular basis.
- Establish and manage 15 office hours weekly.
- Advise student organizations and student leaders on programming.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Upholding the CCLC values by assisting the Front Desk in keeping the infrastructure of the CCLC clean, presentable, and reinforcing inclusive behaviors in the CCLC.
- Engage in educational discussions in the CCLC about topics of diversity and leadership.
- Being an ambassador for the CCLC and representing its mission statement on and off campus activities.
- (Returning Staff Only) Will be responsible for assisting in the development and training preparation of new staff members.
- Any other duty as assigned by the CCLC Professional Staff.
- Prefer and maintain a minimum of 2.3 grade point average.
- MAC and PC Computer skills are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated previous leadership or student group experiences.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively work in a team/group environment
- Demonstrated passion and desire for diversity and leadership through past experiences.
- Paraprofessionals will be paid $9.05 an hour at 15 hours a week.
- WEDNESDAY, March 27, 2013 by 5 PM
- Please submit all application materials to MLIB 172 (across from the BMU Marketplace)
(if your browser does not display the above document, try Firefox or contact email@example.com)