Quote of the Month
"You're alive. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change."
Paraprofessional Job Description
- Paraprofessional at the Cross-Cultural Leadership Center (CCLC) is a part-time student employee at 15 hours a week for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- August 5, 2013 (with possible opportunity to work Summer 2013)
- The position of the CCLC Paraprofessional requires a student who is passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others through diversity and leadership. The CCLC is looking for a student that is self-motivated, is passionate about creating a positive change and impact on Chico's campus, and is interested in coordinating programs related to diversity and leadership. A Paraprofessional should be someone who can connect with diverse individual students and student groups, as well as with other members of the greater university community.
- Each Paraprofessional will be assigned programs and duties to accomplish throughout the year. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Planning, developing, and implementing conferences, retreats, and workshops that enhance and embrace the mission of the CCLC. **Please note that some programs will be held over weekends or after 5 PM throughout the year.
- Attend all programs hosted by the CCLC when not in class.
- Attend all staff meetings on Mondays from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- Leading and facilitating workshops, professional meetings, and presentations related to diversity and leadership.
- Actively participate in CCLC programming committees.
- Meet with the Program Coordinator and the Assistant Program Coordinator for programmatic and leadership development on a regular basis.
- Establish and manage 15 office hours weekly.
- Advise student organizations and student leaders on programming.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Upholding the CCLC values by assisting the Front Desk in keeping the infrastructure of the CCLC clean, presentable, and reinforcing inclusive behaviors in the CCLC.
- Engage in educational discussions in the CCLC about topics of diversity and leadership.
- Being an ambassador for the CCLC and representing its mission statement on and off campus activities.
- (Returning Staff Only) Will be responsible for assisting in the development and training preparation of new staff members.
- Any other duty as assigned by the CCLC Professional Staff.
- Prefer and maintain a minimum of 2.3 grade point average.
- MAC and PC Computer skills are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated previous leadership or student group experiences.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively work in a team/group environment
- Demonstrated passion and desire for diversity and leadership through past experiences.
- Paraprofessionals will be paid $9.05 an hour at 15 hours a week.
- WEDNESDAY, March 27, 2013 by 5 PM
- Please submit all application materials to MLIB 172 (across from the BMU Marketplace)
(if your browser does not display the above document, try Firefox or contact email@example.com)