Dear CSU Leaders,
For the past 6 years, the CSU-MERLOT project has partnered with the Online Learning Consortium (formerly named the Sloan-Consortium) to present an annual conference on emerging technologies that support effective online teaching and learning in higher education. Last year we had about 1,000 participants at the conference.
The INNOVATE Conference is scheduled for April 20-22, 2016 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Deadline For Presentation Proposals For INNOVATE CONFERENCE Has Been Extended To December 2, 2015
We have designed some exciting new formats for the INNOVATE conference
1. Conversations that Work (Propose an issue/challenge and facilitate conversations)
2. Education Sessions (traditional 45-minute presentation format)
3. Emerging Ideas (brief presentations followed by group discussions in 45 minutes)
4. Innovation Labs (discussion, demonstration, and practice in 45 minutes)
5. Research Highlights & Trends in Innovation (research papers on a completed or well-developed project)
6. Workshops (interactive 90-minute sessions with audience engagement)
Check out the Track Descriptions
As co-sponsors of this conference,
· The CSU gets discounts on the registration fees for attendance
· The CSU-MERLOT project will provide complementary registration for CSU people who are presenting.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal…
This office can support you by:
- Learning & Teaching grants
- Professional Development workshops
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Dedicated faculty space with free coffee
- Finals week Grading Oasis with student support
CSU, Chico 's CELT program was established in the fall of 1994 to enhance student learning as recommended by the Presidential Task Force Reports. A group of core faculty members, dedicated to teaching and responding to the concerns of their colleagues, met that year to craft a mission statement for CELT. In the fall of 1995, CELT held its first annual teaching conference. Today, CELT continues to support and recognize CSU, Chico faculty, departments, and campus programs.
What Does CELT Do?
- Sponsors annual Conference on Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Administers Learning Enhancement Grants & Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grants
- Conducts CELT Workshops Throughout the Year
- Maintains a Video Archive of previous workshops and conference sessions
- Contributes to New Faculty Orientation and Support, Academy e-Learning (Ae-L), and Excellence in Online Instruction (EOI)
- Conducts New Faculty Surveys
- Provides Lending Library of Teaching Resources
- Publishes Online Teaching Tips and Resources
- Sponsors Recognition of Student Achievement (Glenn Kendall Award)
- Offers Optional and Personalized Teaching Feedback
- Arranges Individual or Group Consultation
- Supports Graduate Student Teachers
Did you know?
CELT has been building a video archive of sessions, available
Check out our newest addition to the archives click here. Advising techniques created by Dawn Clifford, found in the teaching and learning section of the archives videos. Helpful handout included in archives.
CSU Chico Faculty and Staff now have full access to the "Lynda" online tutorial system--if you go to Http://www.csuchico.edu/Lynda you will be able to log in with your regular Portal ID and password.
CELT Video Archive
CELT Workshop videos now organized by subject matter, includes CELT Conference 2014 videos.
Tuesday Tips Archive
2014 CELT Conference Highlights Newsletter
See pictures of the keynote speaker, award recipients and sessions from the 20th Annual CELT Conference. AVAILABLE HERE