You are invited to take part in a one-week writing intensive led by Kate McCarthy. The intensive will run the week of 6/27-6/30 8am-4pm and applications are due on 6/16 by midnight. Applicants are expected to be physically present and participate all day for all four days. The focus of this intensive is on substantive writing, so it is most suitable for projects that are already in development. Space is limited and participants will be compensated in the amount of $500.
There will be time for writing, time for peer-feedback, and then more writing. Did we mention there will be writing?
CLICK HERE to fill out the application. Notifications will come out on 6/21.
Academy e-Learning Summer Sessions
The Offices of the Provost and Faculty Affairs, in collaboration with the Council of Academic Deans, the Technology and Learning Program, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, and the Meriam Library invite faculty to participate in the Academy e-Learning (AeL), launching with the June 2016 three-week institute, Curiosity. Focused on rekindling student and faculty curiosity and passion for teaching and learning, participants will develop relevant and engaging learning experiences that help realize course-specific goals, with an emphasis on leveraging curiosity for teaching and assessment, and on student knowledge-creation and expression through relevant activities.
This office can support you by:
- Learning & Teaching grants
- Professional Development workshops
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Dedicated faculty space with free coffee
- Finals week Grading Oasis with student support
CSU, Chico 's CELT program was established in the fall of 1994 to enhance student learning as recommended by the Presidential Task Force Reports. A group of core faculty members, dedicated to teaching and responding to the concerns of their colleagues, met that year to craft a mission statement for CELT. In the fall of 1995, CELT held its first annual teaching conference. Today, CELT continues to support and recognize CSU, Chico faculty, departments, and campus programs.
What Does CELT Do?
- Sponsors annual Conference on Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Administers Learning Enhancement Grants & Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grants
- Conducts CELT Workshops Throughout the Year
- Maintains a Video Archive of previous workshops and conference sessions
- Contributes to New Faculty Orientation and Support, Academy e-Learning (AeL), and Excellence in Online Instruction (EOI)
- Conducts New Faculty Surveys
- Provides Lending Library of Teaching Resources
- Publishes Online Teaching Tips and Resources
- Sponsors Recognition of Student Achievement (Glenn Kendall Award)
- Offers Optional and Personalized Teaching Feedback
- Arranges Individual or Group Consultation
- Supports Graduate Student Teachers
Did you know?
CELT has been building a video archive of sessions, available
Check out our newest addition to the archives click here. Advising techniques created by Dawn Clifford, found in the teaching and learning section of the archives videos. Helpful handout included in archives.
CSU Chico Faculty and Staff now have full access to the "Lynda" online tutorial system--if you go to http://www.csuchico.edu/Lynda you will be able to log in with your regular Portal ID and password.
CELT Video Archive
CELT Workshop videos now organized by subject matter, includes CELT Conference 2014 videos.
2014 CELT Conference Highlights Newsletter
See pictures of the keynote speaker, award recipients and sessions from the 20th Annual CELT Conference. AVAILABLE HERE