Faculty Development is searching for a new director! Please see the posting for full details and consider applying.
AeL: Call for ApplicationsWe are excited to share some news with the campus regarding a change to AeL we are piloting. This Summer we will be offering three discreet one week sessions during the 2017-18 AY (June, August, January) instead of one three-week session in June. The three-week model of AeL has been successful, but last year we received more applications than we could accommodate. We are offering this pilot as a way to meet the increased demand for collaboration focused on teaching improvement.
June 1-2, 5-7: Teaching with Help: Working with TAs, Student Mentors, and Supplemental Instruction
August 2-3, 7-9: Teaching Writing
January 8-12 (tentative): To Be Announced
This model will allow us to work with more faculty and accommodate their demanding schedules. These one-week sessions are focused on teaching improvement rather than wholescale course redesign, but small changes can produce big results. We look forward to working with faculty and continuing to evolve our programming to better serve the campus.
You can find the application HERE.
CELTThe Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) provides resources to faculty and academic departments to assist faculty in creating dynamic classes, furthering academic reasearch and writing, and providng additional support towards scholarship.
What Does CELT Do?
- Sponsors annual Conference on Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Administers Learning Enhancement Grants & Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grants
- Conducts CELT Workshops Throughout the Year
- Maintains a Video Archive of previous workshops and conference sessions
- Contributes to New Faculty Orientation and Support, Academy e-Learning (AeL), and Excellence in Online Instruction (EOI)
- Conducts New Faculty Surveys
- Provides Lending Library of Teaching Resources
- Publishes Online Teaching Tips and Resources
- Sponsors Recognition of Student Achievement (Glenn Kendall Award)
- Offers Optional and Personalized Teaching Feedback
- Arranges Individual or Group Consultation
- Supports Graduate Student Teachers
Our office supports Chico State Faculty with:
- Learning & Teaching grants
- Professional Development workshops
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Dedicated faculty space with free coffee
- Finals week Grading Oasis with student support
CELT Video Archive
Our Video Archive includes past workshops, conferences and First Friday forums.
Inside Chico State: "A Global Perspective"
This year, our campus welcomed a number of new international faculty members. Read more about how this brings a deeper insight and perspective to our campus in the new article in "Inside Chico State".
"My Life on the Road", by Gloria Steinem
Join along the community reading this year's Book in Common, Gloria Steinem's "My Life on the Road".
Tuesday Teaching Tips
Tuesday Teaching Tips offers information and encouragement about all things teaching!
Our Caffeinated Cats podcast discusses life and learning at Chico State.
Connect with us on Facebook!
Get the latest Faculty Development news and discussions by connecting with us on Facebook!