CELTThe Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) provides resources to faculty and academic departments to assist faculty in creating dynamic classes, furthering academic reasearch and writing, and providng additional support towards scholarship.
What Does CELT Do?
- Sponsors annual Conference on Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Administers Learning Enhancement Grants & Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grants
- Conducts CELT Workshops Throughout the Year
- Maintains a Video Archive of previous workshops and conference sessions
- Contributes to New Faculty Orientation and Support, Academy e-Learning (AeL), and Excellence in Online Instruction (EOI)
- Conducts New Faculty Surveys
- Provides Lending Library of Teaching Resources
- Publishes Online Teaching Tips and Resources
- Sponsors Recognition of Student Achievement (Glenn Kendall Award)
- Offers Optional and Personalized Teaching Feedback
- Arranges Individual or Group Consultation
- Supports Graduate Student Teachers
Our office supports Chico State Faculty with:
- Learning & Teaching grants
- Professional Development workshops
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Dedicated faculty space with free coffee
- Finals week Grading Oasis with student support
CELT Video Archive
Our Video Archive includes past workshops, conferences and First Friday forums.
"My Life on the Road", by Gloria Steinem
Join along the community reading this year's Book in Common, Gloria Steinem's "My Life on the Road".
Tuesday Teaching Tips
Tuesday Teaching Tips offers information and encouragement about all things teaching!
Our Caffeinated Cats podcast discusses life and learning at Chico State.
Connect with us on Facebook!
Get the latest Faculty Development news and discussions by connecting with us on Facebook!