Resources and Directions to CSU Chico
Directions and Methods for Getting to Chico
Driving to CSU, Chico
The directions provided lead to the intersection in front of the Bell Memorial Union (BMU), located at West 2nd and Chestnut Streets.
From Interstate 5 Driving North or South
- Turn east on Hwy. 32 in Orland.
- Continue on Hwy. 32 into Chico to West 2nd Street.
- Turn left on West 2nd Street and continue east toward the University.
From Highway 99 Going North to Chico
- Stay on Hwy. 99 North to Chico.
- Exit Hwy. 99 at Hwy. 32, turning left onto East 8th Street towards downtown Chico. Continue west to Chestnut Street.
- Turn right on Chestnut Street and continue north for 6 blocks to W. 2nd Street and the University.
From Highway 99 Going South to Chico
- Take the East 1st Avenue exit and turn right. Continue west down East 1st Avenue.
- Make a left on Esplanade into downtown Chico and onto Broadway Street.
- Turn right on 2nd Street and go 3 blocks toward the University.
From Chico Airport
Chico Municipal Airport (CIC) is located 5 miles north of Chico and is serviced by United Express flights that connect through San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
- Exit the Chico Airport on Airpark Blvd to Cohasset.
- Make a right on Cohasset, heading toward Hwy. 99.
- Take Hwy. 99 South towards Yuba City.
- Take the East 1st Avenue exit and turn right.
- Head west and turn left onto the Esplanade into downtown Chico and onto Broadway Street.
- Turn right on 2nd St. and go 3 blocks toward the University.
From Sacramento Airport
Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is 90 miles south of Chico.
- Follow the signs to I-5 south toward Sacramento.
- Approximately two miles from the airport, follow signs to Hwy. 99 north and 70 going to Marysville and Chico.
- When the road divides, follow the signs to Hwy. 99 north to Chico.
- Once in Chico, exit Hwy. 99 at Hwy. 32 turning left onto East 8th Street. Continue west to Chestnut Street.
- Turn right on Chestnut St. and continue north for 6 blocks to West 2nd Street and the University.
From San Francisco Airport
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is 190 miles southwest of Chico.
- Exit the airport, following the signs to US 101 North.
- Merge onto I-80 East toward Bay Bridge/Oakland. Continue on I-80 East to Sacramento/Vallejo.
- Merge onto I-505 North toward Redding/Winters.
- Follow the signs to I-5 North.
- Turn east on Hwy. 32 into Chico to West 2nd Street.
- Turn left on West 2nd Street and head east toward the University.
North Valley Shuttle (Chico-based) provides transportation to and from the Sacramento Airport.
Phone: 530-891-1219 or 800-832-4223
Must make reservation ahead of time.
Van Man Charters provides customized group transportation for up to 49 passengers.
Super Shuttle (Sacramento-based)
Phone: 916-648-2500 ext 106
Reserve your spot 24 hours in advance
Sacramento Airport Shuttle (Sacramento-based)
Must make reservation ahead of time.
The AMTRAK station is located at W. Fifth and Orange Streets.
Amtrak has a combination train and bus trip to Los Angeles and points south or to the San Francisco bay area that leaves Chico three times daily, all southbound at 11:25 am, 2:20 pm, 4:05 pm.
Call 895-8000 or 800-872-7246, or contact your local travel agencies for details.
The Greyhound Bus depot is located at W. Fifth & Orange Streets.
Call for the schedule and current fares at 530-343-8266 or 1-800-231-2222
Please refer to this link for more information regarding directions, parking, and getting to CSU Chico:
Various Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts around CSU Chico:
- Hotel Diamond is located in downtown Chico as an upper-scale boutique hotel.
- Oxford Suites of Chico provides lodging near CSU Chico, Chico Mall, and Sierra Nevada Brewery.
- The Goodman House Bed and Breakfast prides itself on decorative rooms and private bath by being close to campus on Esplanade.
- Cory's Country Inn is a Bed and Breakfast with three themed rooms close to campus.
- Courtyard and Residence Inn by Mariott is located 5 minutes from downtown Chico.
- Quality Inn Chico is located in the heart of downtown conveniently close to the university.
If you refer to this labeled map you can see where the BMU-Bell Memorial Student Union is, which is where the luncheon will be. A little further up the map is Colusa Hall, which is where all the concurrent sessions will be during the conference.
We look forward to seeing you at the 21st Annual CELT Conference on Learning and Teaching!