22nd Annual CELT Conference Preliminary Schedule (Subject to Change)
|9:30 AM||Colusa 100 A||David Agoff
The Courage to Teach
|9:30 AM||Colusa 100 B||Sandy Parsons
Juni Banerjee-Stevens, Corinne Beck, Emily Peart, Connie Huyck, Laurie Evans, Kaitlyn Baumgarter and Debra Stewart
Sutdents in Crisis: Teachers who CARE
|11-1:30 PM||BMU Auditorium||Luncheon and Keynote Address from President Gayle Hutchinson on Teaching and Learning in Today's California|
|2-3:15 PM||Colusa 100 A||Keynote Workshop|
|3:30 PM||Colusa 100 A||Erik Wasinger
David Rahn, Matt Simkins, Susan Modlin, Anna Petrova-Mayor, Ellie Ertle, and Tiffany Anderson
Curricular Change through the Course RE-design with Technology Program
|3:30 PM||Colusa 100 B||Brian Brazeal
Teaching Diversity in Chico: Resources from Visual Anthropology
|7:30 AM||Colusa 100 A||Poster Session Breakfast|
|9:00 AM||Colusa 100 A||Jacquelyn Chase
Sarah Anderson, Hannah Burdette, Joanna Herrera
Identity, Culture and Trajectory: The Classroom as a Place of Encounter
|9:00 AM||Colusa 100 B||David Rahn
Lessons Learned in an Online Course RE-design Effort
|10:00 AM||Colusa 100 A||Sue Peterson
Shannon Troxel- Butte, Stephen Ban- Butte, and Deborah McCabe- Butte
Debate Across the Curriculum: Active Learning and Civic Engagement
|10:00 AM||Colusa 100 B||Chiara Ferrari
David McCoy, Danielle Hidalgo, and Garrett Liles
AeL to QOLT
|11:00 AM||Colusa 100 A||Seema Sehrawat
Digital Storytelling in Higher Education
|11:00 AM||Colusa 100 B||Walter Dutton
Writing for First Year Students
|12:00 PM||Colusa 100 A||Robin Donatello
Emphasizing Reproducible Research by Teaching Data Analysis with R
|12:00 PM||Colusa 100 B||Suzanne Wakim
Starting at the Top of the Pyramid
|1:00 PM||Colusa 100 A||Laura Sullivan-Green and Jane Dong (San Jose State)
First in the World Grant: Promoting Active Learning Strategies Through the Flipped Classroom Model
|2:00 PM||Colusa 100 A||Kate Ashbey
Engaging all Learners
|2:00 PM||Colusa 100 B||Dami Hammer
Advising Today's Students: A Session for Faculty Advisors
|3:00 PM||Colusa 100 B||Garrett Liles
Say it with Graphics-- Build Skills, Promote Creativity, and Engage Students
|3:00 PM||Colusa 100 A||Kathleen Blake Yancey
Writing, Transfer, and Electronic Portfolios: A Learning Trifecta Secured with Reflection
CELTThe Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) provides resources to faculty and academic departments to assist faculty in creating dynamic classes, furthering academic reasearch and writing, and providng additional support towards scholarship.
What Does CELT Do?
- Sponsors annual Conference on Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Administers Learning Enhancement Grants & Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grants
- Conducts CELT Workshops Throughout the Year
- Maintains a Video Archive of previous workshops and conference sessions
- Contributes to New Faculty Orientation and Support, Academy e-Learning (AeL), and Excellence in Online Instruction (EOI)
- Conducts New Faculty Surveys
- Provides Lending Library of Teaching Resources
- Publishes Online Teaching Tips and Resources
- Sponsors Recognition of Student Achievement (Glenn Kendall Award)
- Offers Optional and Personalized Teaching Feedback
- Arranges Individual or Group Consultation
- Supports Graduate Student Teachers
Our office supports Chico State Faculty with:
- Learning & Teaching grants
- Professional Development workshops
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Dedicated faculty space with free coffee
- Finals week Grading Oasis with student support
CELT Video Archive
Our Video Archive includes past workshops, conferences and First Friday forums.
Inside Chico State: "A Global Perspective"
This year, our campus welcomed a number of new international faculty members. Read more about how this brings a deeper insight and perspective to our campus in the new article in "Inside Chico State".
"My Life on the Road", by Gloria Steinem
Join along the community reading this year's Book in Common, Gloria Steinem's "My Life on the Road".
Tuesday Teaching Tips
Tuesday Teaching Tips offers information and encouragement about all things teaching!
Our Caffeinated Cats podcast discusses life and learning at Chico State.
Connect with us on Facebook!
Get the latest Faculty Development news and discussions by connecting with us on Facebook!