Essays & Articles
- Major New Ideas That Can Empower College Teaching by L. Dee Fink. A summary of significant innovations in Teaching, 1991-2004.
- A Self-Directed Guide to Designing Courses for Significant Learning by L. Dee Fink. An excellent description of how to plan and implement effective, integrated instructional stategies.
- How to get Meetings Started on Time, by Chan,
Janis Fisher. In: Academic
Administrator's Guide to Meetings.
Copyright 2003 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Implementing the Seven Principles: Technology as Lever,
by Chickering , Arthur W. and Ehrmann,
Stephen C. "Implementing
the Seven Principles: Technology as Lever," AAHE
Bulletin, 1996, October, pp. 3-6.
- What We Know About Student Learning Support,
Glenda and Webb, Graham. In: Supporting
Student Learning: Case Studies, Experience & Practice From
Higher Education. 2002. Kogan
Page Limited and Stylus
- TP Msg. #572 Teaching Advise Column,
Forward by Reis, Rick. This text is taken from
the Tomorrows-Professor Listserv.
- The DOs and DONTs of Online Learning,
Forward by Reis, Rick. The Standford University
Center for Learning and Teaching. Tomorrows-Professor Listserv
- Email Message from Randy L. Swing, Ph.D.,
Co-Director of the Policy Center for the First Year of College, by Swing,
- Breaking The 15-Minute Barrier, by Wankat,
Phillip and Oreovicz, Frank. In: ASEE Prism,
Volume 12, Number 8, April 2003.
- In an Age of Assessment, Some Useful Reminders,
by Wiley, Mark. This text is taken from the Exchange
Journal. ©2003 by Mark Wiley.
- Magically Improve Your Learning, Retention, and Exam Scores - Without Using Any Magic - Marc Siegall, PhD, Department of Management, CSUC. Help your students help themselves develop better learning skills and the ability to demonstrate that learning more accurately.